Billing statement - page 2

• 21 September 2018
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 5814 replies
Idea Status: Working On It

On the monthly bill, on the pdf attachment, under “About your tariff” page two, would it be possible to give the Members Rate (unit rate) WITH VAT here. I appreciate, on the actual bill, the VAT is added last, as is always the case, but just so, at a glance, the member sees exactly what rate per unit they pay

15 replies

woz;46142:
Thanks (I think...?)

​​​​​​​Your welcome 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks (I think...?)
Gray4276;46099:
Hey woz,
"Agree to disagree".... is a healthy position for people to take in discussions.....👌👍
Especially in this "section" of the Community Forum.

Marc/Nataly and the PP teams have the opportunity to "disect" all the input from the "Ideas Board" members, to ensure that they can continue to make "relevant" upgrade/changes to the Forum and how the App works...."Onwards & Upwards".

These minor changes to the statement, if made, will not cause me any issues at all (analytical mindset) and if it makes the reading/understanding of our statements easier for some people......no problem 👍🖖👌🙌😎
Hey woz,

"Agree to disagree".... is a healthy position for people to take in discussions.....👌👍
Especially in this "section" of the Community Forum.

Marc/Nataly and the PP teams have the opportunity to "disect" all the input from the "Ideas Board" members, to ensure that they can continue to make "relevant" upgrade/changes to the Forum and how the App works...."Onwards & Upwards".

These minor changes to the statement, if made, will not cause me any issues at all (analytical mindset) and if it makes the reading/understanding of our statements easier for some people......no problem 👍🖖👌🙌😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Gray
I'd like to see the electric and gas vat on each rather than added wholesale at the end, I think there is room for clarity and improvement so I respectfully disagree with you (monkey's paw issues aside..). I doubt you are alone but everyone will have their own ideas of what is clear.
Gray4276;46024:
I'm really not sure about doing this at all.
Is it just me.... I really don't see anything wrong with the current format tbh
​​​​​​​
Most statements/bills tend to show the Vat as an addition on the bill.... therefore any charges/costs are before VAT.
Why overcomplicate the statement with both pre and post VAT prices....many people will not be able to understand why their statement has confusing/contradictory values.
In this instance "more information" does not necessarily equate to "better understanding"

Be careful what you wish for....
​​​​​​​👎
I'm really not sure about doing this at all.
Is it just me.... I really don't see anything wrong with the current format tbh
​​​​​​​
Most statements/bills tend to show the Vat as an addition on the bill.... therefore any charges/costs are before VAT.
Why overcomplicate the statement with both pre and post VAT prices....many people will not be able to understand why their statement has confusing/contradictory values.
In this instance "more information" does not necessarily equate to "better understanding"

Be careful what you wish for....
​​​​​​​👎
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yeah great Marc 👍. Just the rate shown really, at a glance 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Both sounds good.
Its that old adage that us enthusiasts may look for stuff and assist by finding things that could be improved, but the majority only want some detail if they really needed it.
Hi @Bev
A quick update on this one. Really so you know that it's not been forgetten.
It might be a while before we can see changes/improvements to the statements. Any changes to our billing software takes ages.
So we're thinking that we could add some short FAQs to either the email that the statement are attached to, or to the statement history section in app/web. Or maybe to both!
What do you think?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I hope simplify doesn't mean what I think it means, I want to see more information, not less...
Marc;27517:
Hi @Bev
Quick update on this.
As you know from this post in the testing and feedback section we're doing some work to improve (simplify) the monthly statements.
We know what we want to do, and now we're talking to the people who run the billing software we use to see what's possible.🆙
This has now moved to 'working on it'!
Hi @Bev
Quick update on this.
As you know from this post in the testing and feedback section we're doing some work to improve (simplify) the monthly statements.
We know what we want to do, and now we're talking to the people who run the billing software we use to see what's possible.🆙
This has now moved to 'working on it'!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Smashing Marc! I won’t add the suggestion to that thread as you’re aware, but very very promising! Thanks Marc 👍👏
Hi @Bev
Some good news! Ofgem are getting a bit more relaxed about how energy statements are presented.
So we're going to look at how we improve ours.
I've just posted in the Testing & Feedback section of the community. :)
This idea is back 'on the roadmap'.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thanks for explaining Marc 👍, and understand fully
Hi @Bev
The statement format is currently prescribed by Ofgem.
It's not like that because we like it. We are told that's how statements have to be laid out.
So we can't currently change it. :mad:
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Bev
I agree, I made a spreadsheet and it's now hugely complicated because the sub amounts on the bill are never shown individually with vat included, in fact I'd like to see 2 columns, for the lot, with and without vat.
It doesn't matter if it makes the bill a bit bigger, it would make it a lot easier.
Also I'd like to see a breakdown for the Membership fee so for example " Membership fee £8.10 for 31st Tritember to 28th Quadober" = £8.50 inc vat

Bev;11931:
On the monthly bill, on the pdf attachment, under “About your tariff” page two, would it be possible to give the Members Rate (unit rate) WITH VAT here. I appreciate, on the actual bill, the VAT is added last, as is always the case, but just so, at a glance, the member sees exactly what rate per unit they pay ������