• 19 September 2018
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9021 replies
Idea Status: Implemented

Idea for Community :

Bigger welcome to new members on homepage. Maybe a weekly list, which refreshes every Monday. So, for example, three new members join Monday and Tuesday, so their names appear in a big, flashing welcome, maybe top of screen. Welcome SIMON21, TRUDY & DOGSPAW. Then on Weds and Thurs, FREAK and HAMBLE join, so their names are added to the welcome. Friday WINDY, FART & ANNA6922 Join. All three names are added, then end of play Fri all removed and start again say.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Bev, I shall be consulting my lawyers about this intrusion, how did you know they were called FREAK HAMBLE WINDY AND GRUNTFUTTOCK..
Yes, that's nice and warming for new members, good idea
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Bev;11760:

Bigger welcome to new members on homepage. Maybe a weekly list, which refreshes every Monday. So, for example, three new members join Monday and Tuesday, so their names appear in a big, flashing welcome, maybe top of screen. Welcome SIMON21, TRUDY & DOGSPAW. Then on Weds and Thurs, FREAK and HAMBLE join, so their names are added to the welcome. Friday WINDY, FART & ANNA6922 Join. All three names are added, then end of play Fri all removed and start again say.

Hi @Bev
Thanks for this.
This happens currently halfway down the homepage.
You're right, we should be more welcoming and making more of our newest members.:D
I think we can easily get the 'welcome .... name of newest member' bit to the top of the page.
In terms of refreshing it. I'm thinking keep it simple - just flash up the name of the newest member as soon as they've joined.
What do you think?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yeah, a kinda compromise πŸ‘πŸ‘, happy with that Marc, and chuffed to bits πŸ‘πŸ˜Š
Hey @Bev the new homepage designs are with our tech team.
Right now they're running through them (probably gnashing their teeth, shaking their heads, slapping their foreheads...;)) but unless there's any last-minute showstoppers, development work will begin in the next few weeks.
The massive 'Welcome, Bev' to users (who are logged) in at the top of the homepage in these new designs should tick the box!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Bless, that’s great! Love this ideas page πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, thanks Marc
Userlevel 6
Its the Windy Fart welcome I'm not sure about @Bev, otherwise I like it πŸ†’
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I’m soooo juvenile πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Bigger welcome coming soon @Bev as part of new homepage design 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Chuffed πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Up to my eyeballs in things to test today @Bev
The new homepage is still on track for next Wednesday.
And we've got this much nicer welcome on the homepage :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Working hard πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Liking what I see, thanks Marc
This was a top idea @Bev
Really happy to see it live 'in the flesh' :foldedhands::o
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Brilliant Marc πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Thank you!