• 19 September 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9016 replies
Idea Status: Implemented

Idea for Community :

Big SIGN OUT LOG OFF button, not a wheel pull down menu, as always been problematic on iPad for whatever reason. Just a button that you tap once, and logs you out, followed by clear message to say you’re logged out. The message, for example, could be similar to : Goodbye Beverley, see you again soon!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Could the color of the app on my phone change according to weather im logged in or not ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
how about a banner at the top to say you're logged in as jon1 or jon 2 or whatever account designation you've given, after all multiple accounts are supposed to be coming and some (including Bev) already run more than one login.
The banner could then have a log out button on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
And just to add to this idea, you only have to step away from your app for a split second to do a cheeky fart and next thing you know, you’re logged out 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀. How rude 😂😂😂! Do you think the auto log out could be made a lot lot longer, or preferably no auto log out at all? 👏👍
Bev;12165:
Do you think the auto log out could be made a lot lot longer, or preferably no auto log out at all?

That's odd @Bev
I never get automatically logged out.

Are you using the iPad via the app to get to the community. Or using Safari?
Bev;11758:

Big SIGN OUT LOG OFF button, not a wheel pull down menu, as always been problematic on iPad for whatever reason. Just a button that you tap once, and logs you out, followed by clear message to say you’re logged out. The message, for example, could be similar to : Goodbye Beverley, see you again soon!

This is a tricky one @Bev
We don't want to push people towards always logging out. Simply because next time they come to the community they'll have to go through the extra step of logging in again.
It's a bit like Facebook or Twitter etc. If everytime I open them I had to login, I'd quickly grow tired of it.
See what I mean?

I'm wondering if maybe you want to quickly log in and out because you've got two accounts to manage. Vast majority of our Members don't.
We are still planning to introduce the ability to manage multiple properties from one account in the app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
The two accounts does come into it BUT it’s mainly the wheel thing on iPad. It’s been a bugger ever since joining, seriously have to use TWO hands, on my absolute life, to get it to log out! I appreciate what you’re saying re not logging out, but I assume my name will stay in list of those logged on, if I don’t log out and I won’t actually be online at all 🙀👎.

yes always always via app Marc. Open the app, then get Beverley’s Planet blue page, then drop down and click on COMMUNITY so I’m ALWAYS logged in yes, (except once month when submit olds readings) but I log in and out via wheel of just the community bit.

jeez hope that makes sense!
Bev;12564:

jeez hope that makes sense!

Yes it did @Bev
Thank you 🙂
Hi @Bev
Quick update on this.
We're looking into adding am easier logout button under settings for mobile users.
Won't be prominent - because as I said before this isn't something we really want to encourage, and most Members don't have to manage multiple accounts - but it'll be there at least.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Perfect Marc, very happy with that 👍👍👍👏👏👏
Userlevel 6
I've never been automatically logged out, must be your windy fart thing again @Bev 😮
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Hey @Bev
Just to update you on this.
We're adding the log out button to the main menu on mobile.
It's in testing now, for a release to the community by the end of the month! 🆙
Done!
Today's community platform update includes a logout button in the menu for mobile phone (and tablet!) users.
:D