We're looking into it

Audit PP no-reply from addresses and make them all the same

Over the years I have emails from: 

Pure Planet - Member Services <no-reply@purepla.net>
Pure Planet No Reply <no-reply@purepla.net>
Pure Planet <no-reply@mail.purepla.net>
no-reply@purepla.net

Plus some others not from no-reply. Perhaps you could remove some of the variation to help avoid customer confusion?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have to agree on this, as the first thing they tell you to do if suspect a scam, is to click to check email, and they suggest there may be just one letter or symbol that differentiates it from the real genuine address. It does worry me if I see a slightly different address to the one I know when checking companies emails.

Indeed @Bev. Be aware of following (clicking) links. 

Check links by hovering your cursor (or touching and holding your finger) and look for something ending purepla.net. (not purepla.net.evil-domain.com. It’s the bit at the end that matters, even if the beginning looks sensible)!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Always do that with ALL emails our 25 notes, indeed 👍👏. I’ve not noticed anything with PP thankfully, but had to report a few phishing emails to BT and 🍏

What no Emoji for BT 😮😂☎️📞℡☏☎︎✆

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid 

and another thing...unless it’s changed no-reply@purepla.net (or one of those addresses) is still the address used when PP say you can reply to the mail...is that still the case if so, that too needs fixing.

Not noticed that issue @woz, but feel free to raise it in your own thread! 😉 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That told you our Wozeeta, get your own bloomin thread 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣JK

Thanks for flagging this and for the feedback @25 quid @Bev 

:thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That told you our Wozeeta, get your own bloomin thread 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣JK

I can take a hint...sadly I just replied to another of @25 quid posts in a similar vein before I’d seen this reply, I hope he doesn’t shout at me…

I’ll pop back there and offer penance...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ve punished you @woz by actually answering your question in the other thread!

Supplementary questions in another random thread please… 🤨

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve punished you @woz by actually answering your question in the other thread!

Supplementary questions in another random thread please… 🤨

@25 quid 

You could have warned me, I’d have put some cardboard down the the back of my trousers if I’d known.

Doing this might help delivery of verification emails:

@Marc

This seems to confirm that some PP emails appear more spammy than others. Maybe this little change could help?

Over the years I have emails from: 

Pure Planet - Member Services <no-reply@purepla.net>
Pure Planet No Reply <no-reply@purepla.net>
Pure Planet <no-reply@mail.purepla.net>
no-reply@purepla.net

Plus some others not from no-reply. Perhaps you could remove some of the variation to help avoid customer confusion?

Hey @25 quid 

Thanks for flagging this one up. It’s one of those things we’ve been meaning to do! 

We’re going to review what appears when emails are sent from our no-reply address to make sure it’s consistent, thank you! 

We’ll also make sure that falls in line with emails sent from help@purepla.net and collections@purepla.net, depending on the reason for the email communication :thumbsup: