Under consideration

Archiving of previous WattBot messages

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9775 replies
Idea Status: We're Looking Into It

It's become increasingly clear that members, myself included, have so far been unable to rely on wattbot for keeping a record of past interactions with the team. No date stamps and disappearing conversations spring to mind.
I know Al is working on improvements at the moment, but I'd like to make a suggestion for a major change moving forward.
At first I thought about having a button to email transcripts, but I've decided that is too clunky and not automatic enough, so I'd like to see automatic archiving of all messages which are more than a pre-determined time (2,3,4?? months old) to PP's servers and an extra button in help in the app to be able to email the archived conversations from between two chosen dates to the user's email.
Anything newer should/could/can/will? sit in wattbot when opened.

After all, all records should be accessible, especially if there is a dispute or question about how an issue has been handled (relatively rare I know but...).

Thoughts anyone?

5 replies

Badge +2
I think the main snag is that the commercial software that runs WattBot seems to be directed at chat sessions, and was never intended for use as an AI tool?

Commercial software may be difficult for an end user such as PP to customise, and some things simply may not be possible.

AI-based chatbots are now becoming more mainstream and the link below gives an interesting round up.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/best-ai-chatbot

Maybe PP is already using one of these?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Lenny
I suspect you're correct, but (at the risk of sounding unreasonable) one way or another the chain of communication should be available.
​Isn't the AI bit just some fuzzy-ish logic bolted on to the chatbot to try and point at the most likely answer? (A bit like google)

On a half similar note, submitting a web based query form and receiving an email reply with no reference to the original query (I'm wise to this now, I always copy and paste my original query into an email to myself) almost falls into the same category, but at least you have the reply if not the question.
Hi @woz
Thanks for suggesting this idea. As you say, it would be good to hear others' thoughts.
(BTW I've amended the thread title to make it reflect the idea a bit more 🆙)
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Yes, my title was rather Freddie Starr Ate my Hamster (R.I.P. both Freddie and the hamster), but since when does a headline have to reflect the contents:p?
Marc;29299:
Hi @woz
Thanks for suggesting this idea. As you say, it would be good to hear others' thoughts.
(BTW I've amended the thread title to make it reflect the idea a bit more 🆙)
Userlevel 5
Badge
Having my own issues with Wattbot today--just after the smart meters were installed :eek:

I agree that there should be a way of archiving Wattbott messages (i.e. chats with the team).
And essential that all messages should be date/time stamped in the chat facility; it seems a really obvious omission, but one easy to fix.

​Scott