Implemented

App - We're ready for your meter readings

• 19 February 2019
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
This is the first time since my switch that I've had to provide meter readings.

I got an email... great.
I'm aware that app notifications might be added soon.... great.

However why when you open the app is this not THE most prominent action you need to take?

I'm thinking the big planet that the other planets (refer a friend, communities etc) revolve around should become active as 'send us your meter reading'. i.e. big bold and obvious.

It should be inactive the rest of the time and the usual method available for sending in extra readings.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
When your readings are due, Jonny, the pink top moon changes from Refer Friends, to Send a reading, so it becomes then prominent. Once readings are submitted, it reverts back to Refer Friends
Userlevel 5
Badge
Does it? If it does then I must have missed the subtlety of it.... or it did not work for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Oh hope it works for you. It should. Maybe just missed it. Keep your eye on it for next month πŸ‘
Hi @Jenam93
Hmm, I'm a bit worried that your moon didn't change. (Did I just type that?! :rolleyes:)
As @Bev says the 'Send a meter reading' moon appears about five days before it's due.
And then once they've been sent, it reverts back to 'refer friends'.
It changed OK for me the other day, and it's fine for others.
So I'll mark this idea as 'implemented' for now, but let's keep an eye on it. πŸ†™
Userlevel 5
Badge
Marc;24188:
Hi @Jenam93
Hmm, I'm a bit worried that your moon didn't change. (Did I just type that?! :rolleyes:)
As @Bev says the 'Send a meter reading' moon appears about five days before it's due.
And then once they've been sent, it reverts back to 'refer friends'.
It changed OK for me the other day, and it's fine for others.
So I'll mark this idea as 'implemented' for now, but let's keep an eye on it. πŸ†™

Clearly it was too subtle for me, so apologies!

Maybe change the colour of the text when it changes? Unless it's just me.....
Userlevel 5
Hi @Marc, Just a thought on the 'send a meter reading' button. If the button was slightly emboldened also when a reading is due, it would be more eye-catching than just having the red colour change 🙂. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hey Toby, you were the first person to answer my very first query on here when I was about to join. You left the next day! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Hello @Toby ! Cool to see you here :D

If the button was slightly emboldened also when a reading is due, it would be more eye-catching than just having the red colour change

Good shout. I can see you've still got it. ;)
Just looping in @Georgie as it'll be of interest to her.
Bev;26436:
Hey Toby, you were the first person to answer my very first query on here when I was about to join. You left the next day!

Don't take it personally @Bev 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I’ll try not to, Marc πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜«πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Now leading up to my 4 statement and for the first time I have received this email:
- Action: Go to your app, we're ready for your meter readings

​Think there was some posts on this erratic email prompt and perhaps fixed.
Badge +2
I didn't realise the above. I've just received an e-mail - but that will get lost in a couple of days. I need push notifications and something right in my face on the App (as well as a Red button on iOS) to tell me action is needed. right up until the 16th
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
There is an unintended consequence of making it too prominent from the start so that gives me an idea....
(haha this wasn't spammy after all...)
Notifications aside, which would possibly be another way....see HERE
Jowl;27605:
I didn't realise the above. I've just received an e-mail - but that will get lost in a couple of days. I need push notifications and something right in my face on the App (as well as a Red button on iOS) to tell me action is needed. right up until the 16th