Under consideration

Another idiot idea i would do - annual membership

• 15 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Idea Status: We're Looking Into It

Annual membership.

member retension is always going to be a thing to be considered. How about offering an annual subscription maybe with a discount say £85-£90 per year for single fuel or £140-£150 for duel fuel. If you leave then you forfit the remainder of the year.
​​​​​​​Would act as a bit of a loyalty discount.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hmmm interesting idea
or...if you leave before say 9 months, a fixed amount deduction (£25/fuel) and £10 after that up to 49 days before then no penalty (ofgem??) (£25 or 10 taken from the pro-rata refund)
Jon1;48459:
Annual membership.

member retension is always going to be a thing to be considered. How about offering an annual subscription maybe with a discount say £85-£90 per year for single fuel or £140-£150 for duel fuel. If you leave then you forfit the remainder of the year.
​​​​​​​Would act as a bit of a loyalty discount.
Hey @Jon1
Interesting idea. One to ponder!
woz;48461:
hmmm interesting idea
or...if you leave before say 9 months, a fixed amount deduction (£25/fuel) and £10 after that up to 49 days before then no penalty (ofgem??) (£25 or 10 taken from the pro-rata refund)

​​​​​​​Isn't that a fixed rate @woz ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Marc
My brain has genuinely seized, not sure what you mean by that? Fixed in what way?

The idea was a modification of jon1's, such that if a loyal customer had the discount for staying, if they left before the end of the year they would forfeit some of the incentive, when it gets to the 49 day mark the ofgem rule that customers can't be charged a penalty for leaving takes on a certain ambiguity here,
So loss of a part of the incentive if under 9 months, with perhaps a smaller loss from 9 months to 49 days, then no loss..
I wasn't after hijacking jon1's idea...it does sound interesting...
That said I have been thinking about how PP scales...churn may turn out to be a big deal.

​​​​​​​disclaimer
I'm not an accountant...
Marc;48569:
​​​​​​​Isn't that a fixed rate @woz ?
woz;48575:
@Marc
My brain has genuinely seized, not sure what you mean by that? Fixed in what way?

The idea was a modification of jon1's, such that if a loyal customer had the discount for staying, if they left before the end of the year they would forfeit some of the incentive, when it gets to the 49 day mark the ofgem rule that customers can't be charged a penalty for leaving takes on a certain ambiguity here,
So loss of a part of the incentive if under 9 months, with perhaps a smaller loss from 9 months to 49 days, then no loss..
I wasn't after hijacking jon1's idea...it does sound interesting...
That said I have been thinking about how PP scales...churn may turn out to be a big deal.

​​​​​​​disclaimer
I'm not an accountant...

Hey @woz
Hijacking? No! That's the whole point of the ideas board, for us all to collaborate on good ideas, make our own suggestions and so on. The point is we can develop ideas as a community, so we at PP don't run off and introduce new stuff without talking about it first.
I'm sure @Jon1 won't be feeling unloved. 😄
I'm wondering that it may come across as a fixed deal, that's all. Not that it's a bad thing. It's an interesting idea.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
ahhh I see what you mean but then it's not fixed unless it runs the year..so I wouldn't see it in that way.
Marc;48584:
Hey @woz
Hijacking? No! That's the whole point of the ideas board, for us all to collaborate on good ideas, make our own suggestions and so on. The point is we can develop ideas as a community, so we at PP don't run off and introduce new stuff without talking about it first.
I'm sure @Jon1 won't be feeling unloved. 😄
I'm wondering that it may come across as a fixed deal, that's all. Not that it's a bad thing. It's an interesting idea.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ofgem rules would obviously have a say, but i was actually leaning towards an upfront annual charge on first statement and then membership free for the following 11 months. I think this would negate the 49 day rule because its a membership fee not an exit fee but im not a lawyer. All very amazon style i admit. How this would effect the churn rate have to be considered but cheaper prices for loyalty does work.