Working on it

Although I haven't actually seen one yet, improvement to consolidated statements

• 24 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 11301 replies
Idea Status: Working On It

Not sure how useful this suggestion is, it was prompted by a
post and I haven't had a consolidated statement to look at yet.
The reason for this suggestion is that people are expecting a monthly statement and it throws some people because they don't immediately realise what it is they are reading.
The suggestion is having a line on top of each page of the consolidated statement saying "*This is a consolidated statement for the period 12th Brightember 2018 to 11th Veganuary 2019, and a section (see asterisk) on the end of the statement further explaining why and what it shows, possibly with a link to a page online with even more detail.

(I'm unclear, if a customer receives a consolidated statement do they not also get a statement for the monthly period?
If not that should change so that they do also receive a monthly statement?)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I have had one of these confusing statements a while ago. It was very confusing and took me a while to realise what was going on. What with all the credits and then some very large charges which is what caused the panic. First thing you notice was the 300 note bill then once i calmed down and the fog caused by fear had cleared i worked it out.
I think its fair to assume most people will immediately look at the size of the bill before checking the detail so first thing i saw was £300 monthly bill.

Myself i think a normal statement should of been sent and then on a seperate day the consolidated one with a letter of somesort explaining what it is.even months later he who signs the chq (my boss)had a look at the app, flicked over the monthly usage figures. £74 £95 £98 £235 WHAT THE F@#$^%$ HELL being the response. i had ro explain.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Guys,
Have not experienced one of these statements which can be called ‘offset bill’. I found an article from Marc explaining the theory behind these statements (you’ve probably read them) which other members might find illuminating.

https://community.purepla.net/content/266-What-does-Offset-Bill-monthly-statement-mean#tkb_start
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi David
Good call because someone might find this on a search.
I knew about that post when I made the suggestion, but as Jon1 mentions, the point is to defuse the initial shock, hence the suggestion.
David j;22074:
Hi Guys,
Have not experienced one of these statements which can be called ‘offset bill’. I found an article from Marc explaining the theory behind these statements (you’ve probably read them) which other members might find illuminating.

https://community.purepla.net/content/266-What-does-Offset-Bill-monthly-statement-mean#tkb_start
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi WOZ,
I agree,one for the ‘Ideas forum ‘.
Good shout @woz
We're now working on this as part of an overall review of, and improvements to, monthly statements - see here.