Implemented

Adding a link to previous (historic) community pages which have tariff info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 10966 replies
Idea Status: Implemented

Where a community post by marc exists, showing a rate rise and the tariff info for that particular increase or decrease, for example HERE there should be an obvious link at the top of each of those pages to the latest prices.
(I mentioned a bespoke link to tariff info in another post, but the point is anyone finding those historic prices won't know if they are current).

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Is there an obvious link which takes you to PP's current rates anywhere? If there is I can't find it.
I posted about this a long time ago. I struggle to find the price chart and I know what I'm looking for.
​Someone new has little chance unless they happen to key in the right search terms.
Historical info with dates would be useful too.
Hi @woz
I've found the original idea post, so added your second to it.
We have FAQs which show the latest rates.
And there's a postcode look-up on our website.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'm putting my really stupid hat on (not too difficult), I'm looking in the community and I go to the search box and type "latest prices", or "prices", or "tariff", or current rates, or any search that might be someone looking for the unit rates and membership fee.
The first two hits on any of those should take you to the prices (and historic?) faq and the latest price announcement.

Regarding the faq, even as a seasoned poster I don't see what I think should be there, either it should be on the grey card "latest rates"
like this

or in the show more list below, I don't see it? What are our current prices and when did they last change?

Payments and Billing
Are Pure Planet prices fixed?
What is the Pure Planet Members’ Rate?
What is the Pure Planet Membership fee?
When will you take my Direct Debit payment?
Will my Direct Debit change in Summer and Winter?
When does Pure Planet review my monthly Direct Debits to make sure I’m paying the right amount?
What happens with my final bill when I switch?
How do I read my Pure Planet statement?
What does 'Offset Bill' on my monthly statement mean?
How can I make a one-off payment to Pure Planet?
What happens if I can’t make my payments?
I think I'm overpaying in my bills - What do I do?
Do you have a feed-in tariff?
Can I receive my Pure Planet statements by post?
How can I find out when my statement is due?
I sent a meter reading but my statement shows an estimate meter reading
Why do I have an estimated bill?
How do I get a credit balance refunded?
How often do I get my Pure Planet statement?
How do I change my Direct Debit payment amount?
How do I change my Direct Debit bank details and payment date?
How can I download my statement?
Ooops, what you've done there @woz is uncover a pretty serious bug.
There are three FAQs which should come top for those search terms:
The same three which appear at the top of the 'Payments and Billing' section of the FAQs

Our tech team have been alerted....

Hey @woz that search bug has been fixed
Search for 'price' now has relevant search results at the top 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks Marc
is it supposed to bring up a current price list as the first hit? (it doesn't appear to).
Marc;32463:
Hey @woz that search bug has been fixed
Search for 'price' now has relevant search results at the top 🆙
Hi @woz
When I do a search for 'prices' this is what I get in results:

The top 3 are FAQs about prices: whether they're fixed or variable, the current membership fee, the current rate.
🆙
Are you seeing something different?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Marc
All good, but...
the example you posted above didn't give a price list, HOWEVER it now appears to be fixed because I get:-

which is a link to current prices on the first hit.🆙 It (only?)works for the word prices, not for example for "rates"

Back to my original point, why not have a link to current prices in the payments and billing section, it seems to be the logical place for it?
Hi @woz
They are in the payments and billing section!
Here's a link to the section and the top 3 FAQ articles are those exact same ones.

I think the confusion here is caused the FAQ's sub-sections.
The FAQ has 6 sections. Each section has 2 sub-sections.
Each FAQ article must 'live' in one sub-section and its 'parent' section. The parent 'inherits' it.

Currently the payments and billing section has the two sub-sections, called:

1. Billing and statements
2. Payments

The two articles "What is the Members' rate" and "What is the Membership Fee" live inside the 'Billing and statements' sub-section.
The article "Are Pure Planet prices fixed" lives inside the 'Payments' sub-section.

I suppose it would be useful/sensible to have all 3 in same sub-section, as well as the same section. Payments is probably the right one. Do you agree?

This is great stuff. I lie awake at 3am often contemplating these things...!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Ooops apologies, should have looked before I fired...wouldn't mind but I'd been there 30 secs before I posted
there is however a however...
the phrase
What is the Pure Planet Members’ Rate? doesn't seem right to me,
perhaps it should read
Pure Planet's Tariff - Our Prices

haha 3am? that's not even bedtime...joking, that's not good....
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
No matter what time I go to bed🛌, I wake up EXACTLY two hours later, to the minute, for a widdle 🚽! Then again EXACTLY another two hours later! Bizarre 🙀🙀🙀🙀
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
haha...I bet you have a drink exactly the same number of minutes before you go to bed...
Bev;32581:
No matter what time I go to bed������, I wake up EXACTLY two hours later, to the minute, for a widdle ������! Then again EXACTLY another two hours later! Bizarre ������������������������
woz;32562:

What is the Pure Planet Members’ Rate? doesn't seem right to me,
perhaps it should read
Pure Planet's Tariff - Our Prices

That's a good point @woz
I'll rephrase it to: "Pure Planet prices - what is the Members' rate?"
Nice one!