Implemented

Add information to the leaving page.

Seeing as I've just upset someone, could I suggest that a new opening section is added to this page:

https://community.purepla.net/content/178-What-happens-if-I-leave-Pure-Planet#ckb_start

As we believe members should remain with Pure Planet for positive reasons, not negative ones - Pure Planet do not have fixed contracts, nor do we charge any exit fee when you move to a new supplier.

Regards

Me

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Gwyndy
What are the negative reasons for staying?
I thought your post was good apart from the one line b*ll*cking the customer for not looking!
(That was supposed to be funny by the way)
Gwyndy;46476:
Seeing as I've just upset someone, could I suggest that a new opening section is added to this page:

https://community.purepla.net/content/178-What-happens-if-I-leave-Pure-Planet#ckb_start

As we believe members should remain with Pure Planet for positive reasons, not negative ones - Pure Planet do not have fixed contracts, nor do we charge any exit fee when you move to a new supplier.

Regards

​​​​​​​Me
Hi Woz

Negative reasons for staying, which PurePlanet does not have:

Fixed contracts.
Exit fees.

Positive reasons for staying:

Well, there's my charm and wit for a start.

Me

As to my comment aimed at Robbiebf - well, I stated it the way I saw it.

Robbiebf came on to the forum, at the point I commented he had made two posts:

The first one was much nicer, and RobbieBF had been advised to use the app.

To then come back a month later complaining about 'lack of communication' ?.

Had Robbiebf stated 'I've looked, but cannot find this information, can someone help me' - I would probably have worded my answer with something along the lines of 'the information you need is here.'

I accept that, all things considered, what I thought was 'pointing out a fairly simple helpful fact' could be construed, if someone is so minded, as saying 'you are a complete and absolute numpty.'

I think some new members here are way too quick to blame Pure Planet, or the Forums, or anyone else they can think of, for their own failure to carry out even the most cursory research.

That's just my opinion, others will obviously see it differently.

I guess I'm in enough trouble as it is so I'd better shut up now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Gwyndy, hey, you've been a member since April 2019, made 277 posts, 300 thumbs up & given over 1000 - don't beat yourself up as you've helped SO many other PP customers.
Onward and Upward
Regards,
​​​​​​​Dai 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Nice one David, wish I'd said that...easynow... as my friends say.

The tide comes in and the tide goes out and in again.....if that makes sense.
I'm still working on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
saying easynow is a great way to provoke....
haha, I'm going to be in bigger trouble when they read my latest post...(the how many people have left post)
(Clementine??)
Strutt G;46522:
Nice one David, wish I'd said that...easynow... as my friends say.

The tide comes in and the tide goes out and in again.....if that makes sense.
I'm still working on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
woz;46530:
Nope, not in my world...very acceptable, friendly and nice, as said nice.... maybe not yours.. said in a very friendly way.
If Gwyndy thinks it provokes? then I'll respond in an appropriate manner.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Ouch! where did that come from? My comment was supposed to be funny in light of what gwyndy said.
Also I meant provoke me not gwyndy, I likened it to "don't worry your little head about it" sorry if you thought I was having a go, I wasn't but I can see why you may have thought that
I know it was friendly! So was my comment, sorry if it upset you.
​​​​​​​Easynow....
Strutt G;46531:
woz;46530:
Nope, not in my world...very acceptable, friendly and nice, as said nice.... maybe not yours.. said in a very friendly way.
If Gwyndy thinks it provokes? then I'll respond in an appropriate manner.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
woz;46533:
Ouch! where did that come from? My comment was supposed to be funny in light of what gwyndy said.
Also I meant provoke me not gwyndy, I likened it to "don't worry your little head about it" sorry if you thought I was having a go, I wasn't but I can see why you may have thought that
​​​​​​​Easynow....

Ouch ouch...think theirs something in the air today... oh its a challenge this community stuff and likewise sorry to you too oo.
Not upset, but (I'm) questioning my posting style which is not a bad thing.
Its good to talk...a new day and a new dawn to one and all.

Peace
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Strutt G;46536:
woz;46533:
​​​​​​​Easynow....

Ouch ouch...think theirs something in the air today... oh its a challenge this community stuff and likewise sorry to you too oo.
Not upset, but (I'm) questioning my posting style which is not a bad thing.
Its good to talk...a new day and a new dawn to one and all.

Peace
woz;46530:

(Clementine??)

Assuming you are referring to me, correct.

​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
yes oh me darlin'(not you people will talk!) it was your edit quote.
Gwyndy;46549:
Assuming you are referring to me, correct.

​​​​​​​
It's been part of my edit quote all day.

I still have quite a bit to go, but I may change it.
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
​​​​​​​
Is everyone OK? 🤣

It sounds like a sensible idea @Gwyndy to add a line to this FAQ that there are no exit fees.
Not sure why we don't already say so, TBH!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Why isn't there a specific FAQ which says "What happens when you switch away from Pure Planet?" or if there is I could't find it with a LOT of searching, it needs to be fixed (And...this is an idea not feedback...)

edit...
and while I'm here I think the community needs a what made me unhappy section (that's a serious proposition- unhappy customers need somewhere to vent.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Lockdown is taking it's toll...grrrr
Hey @woz

Just to let you know I've moved your post into @Gwyndy's idea about information when you switch away from Pure Planet 👍

We do have this FAQ entitled "What happens if I leave Pure Planet?", currently in the 'switching and joining' section of our FAQs.

Is there specific information you'd like to see included in that FAQ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
ahh OK well...I could (ok s*d it I will) provide a long list of things you need to add to this - I've covered these in many other posts and the faq doesn't come close to covering what happens if you leave / need to contact PP after you've left or switched, and both scenarios are different.
​​​​​​​Also my post mentioned that I wasn't able to easily locate the faq so....

1.No obvious link to the (useless / unsearchable in community) FAQ
2.Why the Switching and Joining Placeholder does not have an extra line on it "Leaving Pure Planet"?
3.What will work and what won't if you leave and why?
4.How long will it work for?
5.What if you need to communicate with PP after your account stops working?
6. re 5 above Different online to app? (and why and what to do if you are online-grrrr)
7. What happens if you return
8. What happens if you've cancelled the DD?
9.What happens if we don't accept the readings from your new supplier?
10. Difference in process between moving out and switching

and I'm sure there are more...

Nataly;52236:
Hey @woz

Just to let you know I've moved your post into @Gwyndy's idea about information when you switch away from Pure Planet 👍

We do have this FAQ entitled "What happens if I leave Pure Planet?", currently in the 'switching and joining' section of our FAQs.

Is there specific information you'd like to see included in that FAQ?
Hey @woz @Gwyndy

We're currently reworking our FAQs, alongside the move to the new Community platform. You'll be pleased to hear due to the new structure, the FAQs will be labelled much more clearly 😁

Part of this is editing the FAQ about leaving...

Thanks @woz for the above points! I've used them to split the key info into the below 'subsections' as it were:

- how to leave: you need switch away, with a note that moving out is different
- payments: final bills take 6 weeks due to reading validation, and why it's best not to cancel your DD
- contact: how to contact the team after you switch away, and your account will no longer display info such as statements and meter reading history

Does that sound about right? 👍

I'm not too sure about including what happens if you cancel your DD, as this may be different under the different circumstances of peoples' accounts, and are often worked individually by our Payments team.

Please could you give a bit more info on point 7 - what happens if you return? I'm not too sure what you mean by that one!
Nataly;54823:

Please could you give a bit more info on point 7 - what happens if you return? I'm not too sure what you mean by that one!

Woz may be talking about the £25 'reward' if you leave and come back? When moving house for example?
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
yes (and a bit of no...)
There are a number of reasons people may leave, but because of the way PP pay incentives this has become very complicated and I see the system as both unfair and open to exploitation. Putting that aside for a moment...
Here is a list in no particular order with some suggestions/queries
There needs to be much greater clarity on incentives and when and how they are paid and how they are tracked.

In my opinion anyone who has had one incentive as cash and qualifies for another should have the incentive as a credit to the balance, but read on...

If someone at their address leaves to move to another provider, then returns with x months at the same address are they eligible for another incentive? (I think the answer should be no and x should be 13 months and the 2nd incentive should be a statement credit)

If someone moves from a PP property and switches their new property to PP they should get a cash incentive after 3 months
No more than 2 incentives in a year, the second one as a statement credit

The £25 incentive for tenants is an utter mess, I can see why you do it but it doesn't administer properly because some don't wait for the letter and code. It causes frustration and work for the staff and community.It needs clarity, and an overhaul (and is at odds with the PP ethic of people staying for the wrong reasons.)
May I suggest the following. A tenant who hasn't previously had any incentive who moves into a property supplied by PP should get the £25 incentive after say 3 months. A tenant who has had a previous incentive who moves into another property and switches to PP similarly after 3 months gets a statement credit
Only 2 incentives per tenant per year.

Landlords should only be allowed one incentive per year as a statement credit but only paid if they happen to be the payer for 6 months.

Putting all of that aside, the reason I wrote that is there is a lack of clarity about incentives, the faq don't cover the different scenarios properly.
The moved into a house already supplied causes more aggravation than it solves, the joining process should cover it electronically, it should not rely on a code in a letter.
All of this should be covered in what happens if you leave, as well as the explanation of direct debits continuing to be taken , what to do if you're in good credit unestimated and can't afford to pay 2 suppliers at the same time, the realistic length of time to process a final bill, how to pay it if the dd has been cancelled etc.
That's enough rambling
Gwyndy;54824:
Woz may be talking about the £25 'reward' if you leave and come back? When moving house for example?
​​​​​​​
Hey @woz, very comprehensive reply 😁 thank you!

I think there's a couple of different ideas going on here - any new suggestions on how the incentives work could be posted as a new idea? (e.g. that if someone moves from a PP property and switches their new property to PP they should get a cash incentive after 3 months)
That way it won't get lost within this idea thread👍

In terms of more information about the various incentives and how they work, agreed that could be made clearer. I'll be sure to highlight that in the new FAQs - information about the £25 for moving out/in will be better highlighted within the 'moving home' FAQs.
In fact, 'moving home' has it's own section and won't be lost within a wider 'joining and switching' section anymore!

If someone at their address leaves to move to another provider, then returns with x months at the same address are they eligible for another incentive? (I think the answer should be no and x should be 13 months and the 2nd incentive should be a statement credit)

There's no incentive if someone switches away then switches back in the same property, as that's different to moving home (since when you move home you have to become a deemed customer of another supplier!).
Plus, with any PCW incentives, they only apply to properties that haven't been on supply in the last 13 months, as you suggest above 🙂

Thanks everyone for all the input on this. :raised_hands:

As part of the move to the new platform, we wrote the FAQs and added specific ones about how do I leave, when do I get final bill, is there an exit fee etc and added more clarification for move in/move out and the rewards you get for them.