Working on it

Add guidelines to one-off payment bot about how much to pay

• 8 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9176 replies
The one of payment bot is a great idea but I've just used it and it has a hole in it. If you elect to pay by bacs it gives you a reference number but nowhere is the potential payment amount discussed.
I appreciate some may decide an amount or have already discussed it, but others using this, coming in from the cold as I just did (pardon the pun), may not have a clue how much they should pay so I suggest some guidelines in the bot (I'll come to that in a min), and/or another step which goes to the team . Without these the payer is likely to just pay the amount to bring the account to a zero balance only to be told later this isn't enough. (so therefore unhappy customer potential)

The guidelines could be along the lines of if you are making this payment because your account has gone into debit and you want to top it up, you should pay enough to bring your account into credit by around a months payment, or at the very least to just bring your account to a zero balance, so for example if you're in debit by £100 and your monthly payments are set to £150 you should pay somewhere between £100 and £250.
If you want someone from the team to have a look and suggest an amount click below, or click here if you are happy to proceed with the payment.
Of course the other option in the bot is OK as a team member would contact you anyway.

Thoughts?

5 replies

Thanks for this one @woz
Just to let you know I've slightly amended the title, so it's a bit more obvious (to me, anyway!) what the idea is.
😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
thanks marc
my motto, why make it obvious when you can over complicate it...
Marc;48255:
Thanks for this one @woz
Just to let you know I've slightly amended the title, so it's a bit more obvious (to me, anyway!) what the idea is.
😃
woz;48259:
thanks marc
my motto, why make it obvious when you can over complicate it...

​​​​​​​😂
Hey @woz

You've raised some really good points here - in some upcoming work around one-off payments, the team are looking into how to improve the one-off payment process, and include clearer guidelines/ a more prominent account review feature, depending on why someone needs to make a one-off payment 👍

For example, if someone is in credit there'll be a limit to how much they could pay.

If someone is in debit, they'll be shown more options - not just a one-off payment, but also account review and payment plans, for example.

The work described above ^ has now been implemented, so the one-off payment FAQ has also been updated :relaxed:  

It now gives more options depending on the account debit, including a payment plan, and chatting with our Payments team for more advice/ support. Think that covers it?