Under consideration

add a button to delete a reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

there is no facility to delete a reply you have done. There is only a button to edit it.

Would be useful to be able to delete a reply.

10 replies

That’d be great in real life too!

🦶 👄 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

there is no facility to delete a reply you have done. There is only a button to edit it.

Would be useful to be able to delete a reply.

hi Angela

Agreed, but until it’s fixed the only option is to edit, delete the text, type oops posted in error (or your own choice of appropriate phrase where the text was, and leave it at that. not ideal...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🦶 👄 

I wondered what the origin of footinmouth disease was...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

🦶 👄 

😄😄😄

Hmm, interesting one @Angelabikerbabe 

As per the community guide you can edit but not delete your posts. It used to bug me on the old platform when people occasionally deleted their posts. Sometimes their post had already been replied to… and suddenly all the context is lost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hmm, interesting one @Angelabikerbabe 

As per the community guide you can edit but not delete your posts. It used to bug me on the old platform when people occasionally deleted their posts. Sometimes their post had already been replied to… and suddenly all the context is lost.

Ahhh, is that the reason.  Makes sense. 

Maybe you could make it that a person can delete their own reply,   but not an initial post ?

Maybe you could make it that a person can delete their own reply,   but not an initial post ?

But then someone might reply to the reply and the context is lost. Sorry for not agreeing with the idea @Angelabikerbabe

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

But then someone might reply to the reply and the context is lost. Sorry for not agreeing with the idea @Angelabikerbabe

Maybe PP could make it that you could only delete a reply if there was no further replies after it? (Like you can't edit  a reply now if there are Further replies after it  )

The one I wanted to delete, I knew I wanted to delete as soon as I put it on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hmm, how about a compromise, perhaps for example 15 mins when you can delete if it hasn’t been replied to?

I want to back-pedal on my previous reservations on this idea @Angelabikerbabe. If the delete timeout was the same as the edit timeout then there’s no extra damage that can be done.

In fact, why not make it easy? If I edit a post and remove all the content, just delete it… No extra UI needed!