We're looking into it

Ability to send myself DM's I know this is a strange request/idea but....

• 1 July 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9241 replies

I no longer have the ability to send myself DM's

I know this is a strange request/idea but it has come in useful in the past when I’ve wanted to save links or reminders or just a note for myself.

You can now only send DM’s to everyone but yourself.

9 replies

Hey @woz 

Strange? Meh, maybe. 

This isn’t a feature likely to make it to the roadmap - simply because it’s not something many people have asked for. But, I have a workaround.

Follow this URL and save it as a bookmark/favourite. It should do the trick :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you not get paranoid that someone is stalking you and keeps harassing you with obscenely offensive material.

Or you could set up another account and send yourself messages and like all your own comments. 

Follow this URL and save it as a bookmark/favourite. It should do the trick :thumbsup:

Wow, that’s one esoteric URL!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @woz 

Strange? Meh, maybe. 

This isn’t a feature likely to make it to the roadmap - simply because it’s not something many people have asked for. But, I have a workaround.

I didn’t need to save it a a bookmark, I just sent it to myself as a private message, which is precisely why I wanted the facility (and don’t even think about the circularity of this, your head will explode.)

Thanks @Marc 

Now I understand, the number is the userID. I just used mine to send myself a DM. I feel so wanted now! I have found a soul mate who thinks like I do… 🌀🔙

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@25 quid Indeed and if you have the time you could list every member of the community, but then you’ve already had a look (as did I).

(this is not new, it was similar in the old community)

I ❤️ databases! 🤓

I no longer have the ability to send myself DM's

I know this is a strange request/idea but it has come in useful in the past when I’ve wanted to save links or reminders or just a note for myself.

You can now only send DM’s to everyone but yourself.

Copy them into a ‘notepad’ on your phone or PC?

Hey @woz 

Think the link @Marc provided above sorts this? :smiley: