A nudge to encourage meter readings at the optimum time

• 15 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 10987 replies
Idea Status: On the Roadmap

This is posted in conjunction with the post HERE and Jowl's comment about needing the reminder to be obvious.
On the last day (or 2?) before the bill is produced the circle with send a meter reading flashes for one day.
That will encourage people to time their submissions to avoid estimated readings so a double benefit.
If someone hasn't submitted instead of resetting to the usual screen it could revert to the send a meter reading display without the flashing for a while?

You're going to tell me about all the potential downsides aren't you...I can feel it...I can feel it....

4 replies

Hi @woz
This is good idea, and we'll introduce this with app notifications.
So it's on the roadmap. 🆙
How about instead of using the buttons, use a small section under the X Driver's Planet as a notification section.

You could then have various messages:-

Meter reading due

Estimated statement sent please submit meter reading to stay on track

Price change due

DD change due

You don't need too many as they will be ignored but a one after few days of blank screen may have more impact.
X Driver;35486:
How about instead of using the buttons, use a small section under the X Driver's Planet as a notification section.

You could then have various messages:-

Meter reading due

Estimated statement sent please submit meter reading to stay on track

Price change due

DD change due

You don't need too many as they will be ignored but a one after few days of blank screen may have more impact.

Thanks for these suggestions @X Driver
I'm not sure what the plan is about how we show notifications in the app itself.
An extra planet, or moon, or shooting star perhaps!
Obvs we'll have to follow standard rules used by Apple and Android phones for general notifications, and I think this is what we'll be looking at first. People who use their app regularly tend to be better at sending readings.
Notifications will help us reach Members who don't open their app so much. (Mind you, they'll have the option to turn notifications off, of course).
Marc;35575:
Thanks for these suggestions @X Driver
I'm not sure what the plan is about how we show notifications in the app itself.
An extra planet, or moon, or shooting star perhaps!
Obvs we'll have to follow standard rules used by Apple and Android phones for general notifications, and I think this is what we'll be looking at first. People who use their app regularly tend to be better at sending readings.
Notifications will help us reach Members who don't open their app so much. (Mind you, they'll have the option to turn notifications off, of course).

Actually just making the button flash with a message may work, I never notice that the button ever changed 🤦*♂️. I suppose just so long as the message fits number of letters limit that could be used.