We're looking into it

A notification centre for likes, mentions, quoted posts

We used to be able to see those posts folks liked. Is it coming back ever (maybe after lockdown)? Be nice to see it in My Profile with a little number.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You are psychic! On my absolute life now, I thought same this morn! Sounds silly, but I miss it too. Unless go back to your individual posts, you don’t see daily, at a glance, who if anyone has clicked a like. Know the leaderboards show number of total likes, but nice to have the at a glance list like we had on the old platty. That is one thing I deffo miss about it. Great minds our 25 notes 🙀👍👏

Great minds eh @Bev?

Where’s this leaderboard? Just poked around and didn’t see it...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Go to the home page and right at bottom our 25 notes

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We used to be able to see those posts where we were @ mentioned. Is it coming back ever (maybe after lockdown)? Be nice to see it in My Profile with a little number.

Aha, yes, thanks. I had seen that on reflection.

But it seemed different in the mirror!!! 🤣😂😂🤣

Hey @25 quid 

Just to say I’ve merged your two ideas together. They’re both about a ‘notification centre’ to collate recent mentions, quoted posts and likes, right? :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Guess it could just be added to the profile list, when click on avatar? Not sure tho

What about notifications for best answers?

Or if someone’s voted in your poll? @Bev ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OMG no! Remember the voting in Polly on last platty Marc! OMG NO NO NO it was relentless! No no no! Thanks 👍😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Best answer and who’s liked ya bits are the main two 👍, I personally am not fussed re quotes etc, not for me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

All part of the same thing, but does the faded grey “like” go a little bit unnoticed under each post? Should it be more prominent, or even have a “Do you like this post?” above it maybe? Dunno. Think unless you’re a regular, and know of it from old platty, it goes a bit unnoticed on the new platty, tiny bit hidden. 

Hey @25 quid 

Just to say I’ve merged your two ideas together. They’re both about a ‘notification centre’ to collate recent mentions, quoted posts and likes, right? :thumbsup:

I did three separate ideas, one for each of the things I missed… very happy if they all come back! 😇

This idea’s being looked at guys.

I think it could be a pretty big job :grimacing:

Big, yet beautiful!

Just had to enjoy TalkTalk’s community as I renewed. I noticed their Notification Feed is Excellent! All in once place, very clear way of seeing what’s been going on…

Whilst this pot was simmering on the back burner, the faint waft of coriander prompted me to think that we need an efficiency score too. As PP is all about energy saving and efficiency, how about a metric for likes per 100 words written? You know, kinda like how cases of Covid are tracked around the country.

Recall @woz’s award winning two letter No answer about smart meters. Less is more! 🤣

Maybe we could have coloured maps too!! Or animations of the size of our avatars changing over time.

Too far?

PS Take care not to use old 2007 era Excel with its 65536 row limit. That would make you look incompetent!

Whilst this pot was simmering on the back burner, the faint waft of coriander prompted me to think that we need an efficiency score too.

Wha?! :laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Whilst this pot was simmering on the back burner, the faint waft of coriander prompted me to think that we need an efficiency score too. As PP is all about energy saving and efficiency, how about a metric for likes per 100 words written? You know, kinda like how cases of Covid are tracked around the country.

Recall @woz’s award winning two letter No answer about smart meters. Less is more! 🤣

Maybe we could have coloured maps too!! Or animations of the size of our avatars changing over time.

Too far?

PS Take care not to use old 2007 era Excel with its 65536 row limit. That would make you look incompetent!

most of the time when something make me look incompetent it’s because I am incompetent...

I have the same problem with modesty!

Any whiff of progress on this @Marc? I’m missing lots of updates...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The old version was good for that, indeed. 

One click, when ya logged in, and instantly saw what was happening, which your best answers were, who had liked your work, etc etc. 

Now, it’s more trawling thru your individual posts, to click to see what’s what, so we tend not to bother so much now I guess. It’s all just for fun, I know, and meaningless, but I think the majority actually did enjoy that click, to see who’d responded, who’d liked, and who’d given best answers etc 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Its amystery

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I really like this idea a lot, our Notes, So hope you won’t mind if I give it an extra little friendly nudge, politely 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏