Implemented

A list of all the comparison sites PP use including the "automatic" ones

• 11 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 11252 replies
Prominent guide needed, How to join PP if you've come from a comparison website.
Self evident as to why.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Idea Status: Implemented

I'd like to see a list of all the comparison sites PP use including the ones that claim to switch you automatically.
I think an updated list with info about how they work/what to do etc. should be made available in the faq's or elsewhere

I have (fairly serious) concerns about these new ones that switch you automatically, are PP a member of any of those?
Two have been posted about recently:
Switchcraft and lookaftermybills
I'd like to see some transparency from PP here.
Userlevel 6
As I posted earlier, I am dead against this approach of "Automatic" switching. Definitely ones to stay well clear of so a list somewhere would be useful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Surely it’s the consumers responsibility tho, isn’t it 🤷*♀️? Can’t expect the provider to warn customers, when customer clearly would have agreed to said sites taking control on their behalf. Pretty sure there’d have been T and C box to click before signing up.

IMO it’s always best to do the bulk of the work and research yourself, before any switching. Yes, a lot dont have time or patience to bother, but leaving it to this type of website is the risk they then take. Not the fault of PP or any other provider IMO, nor their responsibility to issue out warnings.

Just my personal take on it, but it’s down to sheer laziness IMO, nothing more, as it’s a simple enough process to look into 👍.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
The idea was to better inform customers not to warn them, also I think it would be a more transparent approach for PP.
I re-read my post and it doesn't say just the automatic ones.

Bev;15866:
Surely it’s the consumers responsibility tho, isn’t it ������*♀️? Can’t expect the provider to warn customers, when customer clearly would have agreed to said sites taking control on their behalf. Pretty sure there’d have been T and C box to click before signing up.

IMO it’s always best to do the bulk of the work and research yourself, before any switching. Yes, a lot dont have time or patience to bother, but leaving it to this type of website is the risk they then take. Not the fault of PP or any other provider IMO, nor their responsibility to issue out warnings.

Just my personal take on it, but it’s down to sheer laziness IMO, nothing more, as it’s a simple enough process to look into ������.
Hi @woz
I'm putting together an FAQ on 'Switching to Pure Planet from a price comparison website' to answer some of the regular queries we get.
The main point we want to get across is that many of them don't actually switch you. There's still the app to download and switch to complete.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Once done someone should post a link to it on the comparison websites forums if they have forums...
Hi @woz @Gil @Bev
Here's the FAQ on how to switch to PP from a price comparison website.
Nice idea! Thank you :foldedhands: