A dedicated page to explain potential joining issues

• 20 September 2018
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 10745 replies
Idea Status: On Hold

I'd like to see a 'sticky' page to explain the joining process in more detail, in particular
Explaining issues about agreeing readings
What could stop the switch
What happens if only one fuel switches (will the switch be cancelled or if not what to do etc)
What to expect if there are problems
What to expect if there aren't
How we'll let you know
etc

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
That's an interesting idea. Where do you see this sticky page "living"?

What about an comprehensive email explainkng all that once you request the switch?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Gab
How are you?
In a section dedicated to new switchers? Perhaps a link to it on the main PP website?
The email is a good idea but as well as not instead of (in my opinion)
Gabolino;11828:
That's an interesting idea. Where do you see this sticky page "living"?

What about an comprehensive email explainkng all that once you request the switch?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I'm good thanks! Just came back from a warm holiday in Spain and England greeted me with Storm Ali!

Agree entirely with the above. This information should be available before switching. It'd also be great to send a reminder right after requesting the switch, for those who never visited the page you are talking about.

Hope all is well with you Woz!
Hi @woz
I'm a bit worried about putting people off.
Also, whilst we do some people complaining of their joining issues, it's a tiny % of our new Members who switch with no problem at all.
So I don't want to make something appear bad or difficult when for 9/10 people it's no worries at all
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Have to concur 👍. Cross that bridge when we come to it rather than magnifying the negatives before they’ve arisen 👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
OK beaten, I'll rephrase it
Having problems joining? Is your issue listed here?
list of issues
blah blah
not listed? head off to the community, you might find an answer there..
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Prefer that a lot Woz 👍👍👍
woz;13393:
OK beaten, I'll rephrase it
Having problems joining? Is your issue listed here?
list of issues
blah blah
not listed? head off to the community, you might find an answer there..

I see what you're getting at @woz
Haven't we already got this, with the community knowledge hub?

There's also this thread - The top 11 things you need to know when you switch to Pure Planet

I could add more links from there to specific knowledge hub articles?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
yes, a lot of the info is there, but the point is to look from the point of view of a completely new joiner who may sumble over something, and to get to a dedicated section which deals with the most common issues which might frustrate a new joiner, with the minimum amount of foraging in the community to find answers.
There are many roads to Rome...
Hi @woz
I've added a new section to the community homepage called 'New to Pure Planet'?
It contains links to our FAQSs and pulls out some of the most used FAQ articles for new Members.
Beneath the FAQs link there are some new boards for threads about issues common to them:
- Joining and Switching
- How to refer friends and earn £25
- Smart meters

As more trends emerge in the 'Ask the community' board I can add more new topic boards. Such as one for the app.

Nice one for suggesting all this. I think we've got a good balance now between helping new members with better signposting, and not putting people off 🆙