Solved

Refer

• 9 August 2019
  • 16 replies

Trying to refer a friend. Is there something wrong as the screen is blank
icon

Best answer by Nataly 12 August 2019, 12:12

Hey @Ged McFarlane

We haven't seen other members reporting an issue - have you been able to get your referral link since you posted?

If not could you let us know if this was on app or web?
It's worth clearing your cache, and uninstalling/reinstalling your app to see if that helps 🆙

FYI I've moved your post to our 'how to refer friends and earn £25' section where there's lots of advice from other members that may help 🙂
View original

16 replies

Hey @Ged McFarlane

We haven't seen other members reporting an issue - have you been able to get your referral link since you posted?

If not could you let us know if this was on app or web?
It's worth clearing your cache, and uninstalling/reinstalling your app to see if that helps 🆙

FYI I've moved your post to our 'how to refer friends and earn £25' section where there's lots of advice from other members that may help 🙂
I'm having the same issue. You can see the page pop up very briefly, then it disappears and goes blank. Any ideas please as got some to refer
Still blank screen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Ged
app or web and have you cleared cache and updated to latest (if app)?
What device and operating system?

Ged McFarlane;35202:
Still blank screen
I'm not too good with these things. I'm using the app on a Samsung so phone. How do I update it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I'm not an android but here are some instructions I found, also you could delete and re-install the app, that would ensure it's on the latest version.
To set up updates for individual apps on your device:
Open the Google Play Store app .
Tap Menu My apps & games.
Select the app that you want to update.
Tap More .
Tap Enable auto-update

Ged McFarlane;35217:
I'm not too good with these things. I'm using the app on a Samsung so phone. How do I update it?
Woz

Deleted and re installed. Still unable to refer friends. Nightmare
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Ged I'll reply in your other post to keep it together
Ged McFarlane;35287:
Woz

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi ged
If you're connected to the internet OK and everything else is working but you get a blank screen when you click on the refer link, I can only think it may be a problem at PP's end.
Is there any possibility that you could try logging in on a computer, one on which you can get your emails?

Originally Posted by
Ged McFarlane Woz

Can you see the send an email box?
Can you copy the text to an email or get an email client opened up from one of the buttons?

I know if I try the link myself I get at the top of the screen a "Sorry, you can't introduce yourself. Instead, share your unique link with your friends to get rewarded." message is this what you're getting?

So as I can refer on my computer screen it may be an app problem not a website issue.

HTH
Hey @Ged McFarlane

Just FYI I've merged your posts together so that as @woz said they're all in the same place🆙

Good advice from @woz and @X Driver - have you tried tapping 'refer a friend' when logged in on web and does that work?

Ok. I've now tried to log in on a computer to try and refer. Still not working. Not too good with these things
Trying to refer my son and partner. When on mobile hitting refer friends and screen going blank. When on computer it refers me back to an email sent to my phone.
Woz. I've deleted the app and brought back on but same problem exist
Help
Ged
Ged McFarlane;35636:
Ok. I've now tried to log in on a computer to try and refer. Still not working. Not too good with these things
Trying to refer my son and partner. When on mobile hitting refer friends and screen going blank. When on computer it refers me back to an email sent to my phone.
Woz. I've deleted the app and brought back on but same problem exist
Help
Ged

Hi Ged,

When on the computer and you click refer do you get the "your voucher rewards" page?
If you do is there the "send an email tab"?
If you click on that then lot of email options should be seen. Click on the copy text button. Open a new email message to your son and click paste in the message. Otherwise just copy and send the link that looks like https://referme.to/xxxxx

Good luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Ged
if you aren't getting the option to see your referral link (it's very hard to say if it's finger trouble at your end or PP), may I make a suggestion?
​Ask your son to download the app, or go online and use your email address to log in
Then forward the latest login mail (delete all the old ones first) to your son and ask him to look ay the referral links. If he can't get it to work then it's your PP account.
Will you post back?
Hey @Ged McFarlane

I've merged your posts to keep everything together - if you have any other questions you can just click 'reply +' below and that'll keep it all in one place:)

Hopefully there's now a nice solution to this - we've just released an update with new refer a friend screen and unique referral link 🆙

You can read more about it in our app/web update post.

Hope that helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Ged
The Referral system has now changed in app update 7.30.0
​Update and post back?