Solved

Recommendation

• 11 June 2020
  • 6 replies

I sent my sister a link to refer her but she now has a message to say her switch has been cancelled and will be staying with her current supplier. How can she join up before the deadline tomorrow?
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 15 June 2020, 17:49

This is indeed weird.
i can think of a couple of reasons it gets cancelled so quickl.
1. She is accidently cancelling the switch without realising.
2. What meters does she have if they are prepay then she wont be able to switch.
The current supplier could block it but it seems very quick to be cancelled so i doubt it is that.
apart from that follow the woz advice and contact the team for guidance as to why its getting cancelled, your sister may have to do this as its not your account. Privacy blah blah blah and all that.
View original

6 replies

Hey @Aceman144

Did you mean a link to switch using a price comparison website, or a link to switch using your refer a friend link?

If it's for the refer a friend rewards, she can start a new switch anytime and you'll both receive the reward for referring a friend (so long as she uses your unique linkπŸ‘).
It was a refer a friend link. Twice she has tried to join via my link and both times it says she has cancelled her application.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Aceman144
Not at all sure what's going on with that, can you describe the steps she took and tell us at what point and how it said it was cancelled?
I sent her my refer a friend link. She followed the steps and when she was asked to verify her email address it, she was sent a message saying that her application had been cancelled and she would be staying with her current provider.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have no idea, she wasn't already in the process of switching elsewhere was she?
I think you're going to need to sort this one by direct message (little envelope top right)
send a message to nataly give your details and those of the person you referred (including the email address she used to try to switch) and see if they can shed any light on this.
​​​​​​​Post back if you get any info?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
This is indeed weird.
i can think of a couple of reasons it gets cancelled so quickl.
1. She is accidently cancelling the switch without realising.
2. What meters does she have if they are prepay then she wont be able to switch.
The current supplier could block it but it seems very quick to be cancelled so i doubt it is that.
apart from that follow the woz advice and contact the team for guidance as to why its getting cancelled, your sister may have to do this as its not your account. Privacy blah blah blah and all that.