Here’s a handy guide to all you need to know about how to use the Pure Planet app!
Including: Downloading the app, what features are available in the app, what to do if it’s not opening, and logging in troubleshooting.
To download and log in to the app:
- You’ll need access to the UK Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You’ll need sufficient internet signal and phone memory (though we’ve made the app as small as possible!). If you need to change your app store country to the UK, check out this tutorial for iOS or this tutorial for Android.
- You’ll need access to emails on the same device you download the app to. Most devices have an email app, but accessing your inbox from a web browser (like Safari or Chrome) works too.
- Once downloaded, to log in to the app you’ll just need to enter the email address you used to switch to Pure Planet. You’ll then get a verification email - go to your inbox on the same device, and tap the link in the email. This’ll take you back to the app, successfully logged in.
Using the app to manage your account:
- Send us your monthly meter readings, and view your past readings, by selecting ‘view more about your tariff & meter’ > ‘send a meter reading’, or ‘meter reading history’
- Use ‘Account’ to edit your contact details, log out, let us know you’re moving out, or send us a Priority Services Register form. You can also access the Community and our blog from here.
- Use ‘balance & payments’ to update your Direct Debit details, view and download your monthly statements, and request an account review
- Use ‘view your energy usage’ to view your energy usage graphs and tables
- Use ‘Tariff’ to view your Members’ rates, Membership fee, tariff end-date (if on a Fixed tariff), and change or renew tariff
- Tap ‘Rewards’ to get your unique referral link to share with friends and earn rewards, and view your refer a friend scorecard
- Use ‘Car’ to connect your EV, or diesel/petrol vehicle, to Pure Planet, and get insights into your CO2 emissions, and more about life with an EV
How do I use the app to contact the Member Services team?
Use ‘Help’ to get in touch with WattBot (‘ask a question’), or message our Member Services team if WattBot can’t help. You can read more about that here.
You can also access plenty of help and support articles, raise a complaint, or get in touch about an emergency from here.
Pure Planet app not working?
If your Pure Planet app won’t open first try uninstalling the app, then re-installing the latest version from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
When you first log in again we’ll send a new verification email - open this email and tap the link to verify. If you don’t get this email check it hasn’t been filed under ‘junk’, ‘spam’ or ‘promotions’ folders.
Which versions of iPhone and Android does the app work with?
For iPhone users, the app works on handsets running iOS 10 upwards.
For Android users, the app works on handsets running 5.0 (known as ‘Lollipop’) upwards.
We don't support Windows Phones - currently less than 1% of mobile phone users in the UK have a Windows Phone. We also don't support Huawei phones running their own operating system, as it doesn't support Google apps.
Using a work phone?
If you've got a work phone it may have an app pre-installed which could be stopping our verification email from logging you into your Pure Planet account.
Usually it's a pre-installed VPN (virtual private network) used to add an extra layer of security when browsing the internet.
This can also stop the security 'token' from passing between different apps on your phone.
If you temporarily turn this off, you should be able to login OK.
Once you've logged into your account, you can turn your VPN back on.
Logging in troubleshooting
Seeing ‘server error’?
If you’re seeing a ‘server error’ when tapping the login email you could be caught in a login loop.
What causes this is when going to your inbox from your account to click on the email verification, your inbox won't always show you the most recent email from us.
Sometimes you get taken straight to the body of an older email, not the inbox 'list' view of all emails.
So to be sure, delete all recent emails from Pure Planet from your inbox.
Also ensure you're accessing your emails from the same device you're logging into.
It’s also worth uninstalling and reinstalling the app to ensure you have the latest version.
This time, after typing your email address into your account to login, instead of following the link from your account to your email open your email inbox directly, be 100% sure you open the most recent email from Pure Planet, and then tap on 'log in to your account'.
No longer have access to your email inbox?
If you no longer have access to the email associated with your account and can’t log in, our Member Services team can get this sorted for you.
You can access WattBot via ‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’ without being logged in to the Pure Planet app.
Don’t have the app? We’re also available via Direct Message (DM) on Facebook and Twitter — we’ll ask you to confirm some details for security. Or, send us an email at email@example.com. Email replies are not as fast as WattBot.
Lost or stolen phone?
If your phone is lost or stolen contact your network as soon as possible to inform them, so that they can shut down the SIM card to prevent use.
Once you have a replacement phone please remember to download the Pure Planet app on your new device. We'll ask you to verify your email address again. Once this is done, your account will operate as normal on your new phone.
In the meantime, you can log in online at purepla.net to manage your account.