Question

issolation device

• 7 August 2020
  • 4 replies

I need to get an isolation device fitted. Thought s scottish power would do it, due to covid they say needs to be supplier. I have "spoken" to the bot, but no human response after over 24 hours. Anyone know how long it will take for pure to fit one?

4 replies

I need to get an isolation device fitted. Thought s scottish power would do it, due to covid they say needs to be supplier. I have "spoken" to the bot, but no human response after over 24 hours. Anyone know how long it will take for pure to fit one?

It will take weeks as there is currently a backlog of appointments.

Example: I paid Pure Planet 4 weeks ago to get meter rails and isolation switch fitted, and am still waiting for an appointment date.

That is what I feared. Does it have to be supplier or can I get another electrician to do it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Does this thread answer your question?:

https://community.purepla.net/ask-the-community-15/isolating-switch-8183

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That is what I feared. Does it have to be supplier or can I get another electrician to do it?

yes

the electrician can advise on how to get the DNO to attend and re seal the fuse. 

or If you can find an electrician who is prepared to pull the main fuse (they shouldn’t but some will)

The electrician can usually prepare everything in advance such that only one visit by the DNO is necessary.