How you can rent out your electric vehicle - or try one out

• Community Manager
  • 5822 replies
Many of our Pure Planet members have already made the switch from petrol or diesel to cleaner hybrids and electric vehicles.

But if it ends up sitting unused in your driveway for days on end, there is a way you can make some money back - by renting it out.

We’ve teamed up with a new peer-to-peer car sharing service called Hiyacar. Using an app (so no car keys to lose…) to search, book and drive.

The range includes petrol cars but the company says the number of EVs is growing fast. To find out more, including how to get £20 off your first drive, read our interview with Hiya on our blog.

Alternatively, it’s also a way of hiring an EV to try one out.

Do you have an electric vehicle or hybrid? Vote now in our poll

Do you have an electric vehicle or hybrid?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
We need more of these polls 👍👏👍👏👍
Truth be told there is no way I’d let a stranger drive my golf GTE. It’s the only new car I have ever owned, so it’s a no from me
Bev;6847:
We need more of these polls ������������������������������

OK that's been noted! Take a look at this thread in Off Topic
Timco;6849:
Truth be told there is no way I’d let a stranger drive my golf GTE. It’s the only new car I have ever owned, so it’s a no from me

Hi @Timco I know what you mean.
But wouldn't you like to try out an EV?
I’ve had the golf hybrid for 6 months or so now and I’ll go full electric next time, the driving experience is so much better than ICE
Timco;6959:
I’ve had the golf hybrid for 6 months or so now and I’ll go full electric next time, the driving experience is so much better than ICE

Hmmm nice. I'm just going through some budgeting but I think I'll be looking at getting my first ever hybrid or EV in the next couple of months.
And that, to be honest, as about as far as I've got. I'm going to have to do lots of research!
I think I'll post about it here in the community, and maybe you guys can help me make a decision!! (Tesla's are out, btw 😂)
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hilarious on Hard to please OAPs ITV tonight re the Tesla 😂😂😂😂😂☔️☔️☔️☔️, the whole programme made me properly LOL 😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏
In order to hire my car out I'd have to empty out all the sand first...
Lenny;27584:
In order to hire my car out I'd have to empty out all the sand first...

I wish I could say that @Lenny 🆒😂
Normal for Cornwall, no?!?!
It's a rare day when we don't spend part of it on a beach walking our dog.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
How beautiful Lenny 👍👍
evezy rent out electric cars by the month. https://www.evezy.co.uk
Sheps;28697:
evezy rent out electric cars by the month. https://www.evezy.co.uk

Not bad prices either @Sheps 🆙
Have you used them?
No but they seem straight forward.