Solved

Getting a Kia e-Niro soon.

• 26 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi, We’re getting a Kia e-Niro within the next 3 weeks. We had a home chargepoint fitted and will mostly charge from home.

Consequently, our electricity usage will go up and we don’t want to rack up a big debit balance. How can  we get our usage re-assessed, say after 3 months and have the opportunity to increase the direct debit amount?

I have filled in the Google form for your ev trials.

Cheers,

Richard

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 26 July 2020, 15:29

Hi Richard, 

Congrats on the new car.

You can ask PP to review your account and DD payments anytime via the app, under 'balance and payments '.

So you could go on after 3 months and ask them.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Richard, 

Congrats on the new car.

You can ask PP to review your account and DD payments anytime via the app, under 'balance and payments '.

So you could go on after 3 months and ask them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, We’re getting a Kia e-Niro within the next 3 weeks. We had a home chargepoint fitted and will mostly charge from home.

Consequently, our electricity usage will go up and we don’t want to rack up a big debit balance. How can  we get our usage re-assessed, say after 3 months and have the opportunity to increase the direct debit amount?

Cheers,

Richard

hi @RicSkye 

If you know your mileage you should be able to get a pretty close approximation of how much extra you’ll use, but there’s a handy calculator HERE, you can input your unit rate, use a year as the time period

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@RicSkye if I may ask how much did it cost to have the chargepoint fitted?

@RicSkye if I may ask how much did it cost to have the chargepoint fitted?

We used a company called Bumblebee EV in Glasgow who fitted a Wallbox Pulsar Plus charge point.

The gross cost was £1,128 minus £350 grant from OLEV and £400 grant from Energy Saving Trust in Scotland, so we paid £378.

We live on the Isle Of Skye and to be honest, had a degree of difficulty getting someone to come out here and do the job. Bumblebee were great though. The EST grant is normally £300, but very rural areas of Scotland get an extra £100 because of higher install costs due to technician’s travel.

Cheers,

Richard

hi @RicSkye 

If you know your mileage you should be able to get a pretty close approximation of how much extra you’ll use, but there’s a handy calculator HERE, you can input your unit rate, use a year as the time period

Thanks, now I need to assess how much of our mileage is local (charging at home) and how much will be long distance (public charging). Massively cheaper than the diesel car it will replace though.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for asking the question, very relevant. I get my eNiro in about 5 weeks, I bet you can’t wait. I know I’m counting the days down. 

Just need PP to announce a little more on their potential EV tariffs :wink:

Thanks

Graham

Hi @RicSkye 

Welcome to the community! Nice one for getting stuck in.

Fantastic news about the Kia e-Niro. I’ve heard some great things about this EV, inc a pretty range, right?

Is this your first EV?

@GrahamAllwood We’re working on it! I hope to share some plans/thoughts soon :thumbsup:

Hi @RicSkye 

Welcome to the community! Nice one for getting stuck in.

Fantastic news about the Kia e-Niro. I’ve heard some great things about this EV, inc a pretty range, right?

Is this your first EV?

@GrahamAllwood We’re working on it! I hope to share some plans/thoughts soon :thumbsup:

Yes, this is our first ev. We live in a fairly rural area, 180 mile round trip to the nearest large town or city and main hospital. My criteria for an ev was to be able to do such a round trip without it being necessary to charge en-route. The e-Niro range is about 285 miles, perhaps dropping to 230 in winter.

We only had a couple of hours test drive, but both of us loved it and ordered it there and then. It’s been about a 6 month wait and I think that’s still the case for someone ordering now.

The plan is to keep it about 6 years, so the Kia 7 year warranty is brilliant.

We just need Smart Meters out here in the sticks and some attractive off peak tariffs! :grinning: