EV driving with Pure Planet - help us design new tools and website pages

• Community Manager
  • 6147 replies

Hi everyone

As part of our EVs pilot which we’re running with Pure Planet Community members, we’re looking for your input into how we design our new tools and services.

Lots of members who drive EVs are already helping out by sharing charging data and patterns - this will help us shape our future services and tariffs. A big thanks to those taking part.

Running alongside, we’re also in the process of building new tools and EV information pages on the Pure Planet website, and it would be great to get your feedback on this too.

And you don’t need to be driving an EV to get involved, as we need to work alongside a range of Pure Planet Members. We’re looking for:

• Members with little or no experience of EVs
  • Members looking to get their first EV soon
  • Members who’ve been driving an EV for a while

What we’ll need from you is your time and honest feedback. We’ll invite you to a series of online presentations and calls, to show you different designs, to see how you navigate your way around them. 😀​​​​​​​

If you’re up for helping out, just post in the replies below. I’ll then pass your email to our design team, who’ll get in touch with you with more details. We’ll start off with a smallish group, but keep it open for further chats and workshops in the near future too.

Update 20 May
Thanks everyone who's put themselves forward. Our design team have got your details and they'll be in touch over the coming weeks.

We may not need to speak to everyone who has offered to help. But we'll be doing more of this in the coming months so you may well be asked for your input a little further down the line!

And if anyone else wants to get involved, please just say so by adding a reply to this thread.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thanks Marc sounds interesting.
I'd like to tark part, but if PP is more than subscribed, then no bother considering new peeps etc.
I’m happy to tark dart too @Marc, if you can cope with my opinionated thoughts...
Nice one @Strutt G @25 quid
You're in. 👍
​​​​​​​I've had a couple of DMs from others interested too.
Badge
Marc
I'm happy to take part if the numbers allow. I've been driving a 2017 30kWh Nissan Leaf since last October, though not much driving in the last couple of months during lockdown.
Badge
Hi Marc,

I'm happy to help out with this.

We got our Tesla Model 3 just before the lockdown so have not driven it much sadly.

Regards,

​​​​​​​Liam
Badge
Yup, I've been driving and charging from home for 4 years - I'm in!
Badge +2
I'd be interested in helping with this if possible. I'm very much looking to purchase EV for my next car but need to do a lot of research. The Tesla dream is over for know given Elon Musk's ridicuous behaviour. I've had enough and won't be helping to fund him
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have principles too, I won't be helping him 'cos I can't afford a Tesla
disclaimer: I do have a family member (it must be the rich one) who bought one just before lockdown, I'm gutted as I was looking forward to a display of the stupid acceleration, (it's up there with the Mclarens) but worse for him as it hasn't really moved from his drive since he took delivery...
Jowl;54288:
I'd be interested in helping with this if possible. I'm very much looking to purchase EV for my next car but need to do a lot of research. The Tesla dream is over for know given Elon Musk's ridicuous behaviour. I've had enough and won't be helping to fund him
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Count me in @Marc
Great stuff @matthewr @forceword @andyseal @Jowl @woz
And thank you 🙏
Badge +2
woz;54303:
I have principles too, I won't be helping him 'cos I can't afford a Tesla
disclaimer: I do have a family member (it must be the rich one) who bought one just before lockdown, I'm gutted as I was looking forward to a display of the stupid acceleration, (it's up there with the Mclarens) but worse for him as it hasn't really moved from his drive since he took delivery...

My principles are on the lookout for disclaimers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
haha, I have my principles but if they aren't suitable for the prevailing circumstances I have other principles...
Jowl;54317:
My principles are on the lookout for disclaimers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Im hoping my next car is an electric mini. So i will chip in with my weird opinions if you like.
Jon1;54332:
Im hoping my next car is an electric mini. So i will chip in with my weird opinions if you like.

Yes! @Jon1
Great to have you on board 😀
Thanks everyone who's put themselves forward. Our design team have got your details and they'll be in touch over the coming weeks.
We may not need to speak to everyone who has offered to help. But we'll be doing more of this in the coming months so you may well be asked for your input a little further down the line!
And if anyone else wants to get involved, please just say so by adding a reply here. 👍
I am available Marc, feel free to contact me if you need any input
I have my first EV sitting at the door but am being shielded. I would like to help evaluate web designs if I can. MAUREEN
Thank you @Beanie Ravr and @Jane and Mo 😃
I think the guys have plenty of people helping out, but I will def add your names for future feedback and other interesting EV-related things.
If you need any extra help with this just reach out to me, but understand if you've already got plenty of people now.

Hi everyone who offered to help us out.

Just to let you know that we’ll be getting touch with more people next month as we start work on new tools to choose EVs. 

We haven’t forgotten you guys! :slight_smile:

Hi we’re a new Pure Planet member and we’ve been driving an EV for a while. Happy to help out if you still need people. Cheers :blush:

Hi everyone

As part of our EVs pilot which we’re running with Pure Planet Community members, we’re looking for your input into how we design our new tools and services.

Lots of members who drive EVs are already helping out by sharing charging data and patterns - this will help us shape our future services and tariffs. A big thanks to those taking part.

Running alongside, we’re also in the process of building new tools and EV information pages on the Pure Planet website, and it would be great to get your feedback on this too.

And you don’t need to be driving an EV to get involved, as we need to work alongside a range of Pure Planet Members. We’re looking for:

What we’ll need from you is your time and honest feedback. We’ll invite you to a series of online presentations and calls, to show you different designs, to see how you navigate your way around them. 😀

If you’re up for helping out, just post in the replies below. I’ll then pass your email to our design team, who’ll get in touch with you with more details. We’ll start off with a smallish group, but keep it open for further chats and workshops in the near future too.

Update 20 May

And if anyone else wants to get involved, please just say so by adding a reply to this thread.

We’d like to be involved. Collect our EV hopefully in 6 weeks. 

Thanks @Ju713t 

Out of interest what EV are you getting in six weeks? Is it the first? :slight_smile:

Tesla model 3. :) 

yep our first  we have been thinking about it for a while but took one for a. test drive And really liked it. 

Hi everyone

What we’ll need from you is your time and honest feedback. We’ll invite you to a series of online presentations and calls, to show you different designs, to see how you navigate your way around them. 😀​​​​​​​

Update 20 May

Hi @Marc 

Happy to help out. My wife and I have been EV’ing for nearly 3 years now incl. understanding the domestic electrical side of getting a charger installed etc.