Question

Best EV charging networks for England, Scotland and Wales?

• 16 September 2020
  • 6 replies

• Community Manager
  • 6023 replies

Hi all

I’m putting together some more general EV FAQs to help people looking for general info about going electric.

One of them is about charging on the go.

As someone who drives mosty in England, I reckon the main charge point networks are Polar, Pod Point, Ecotricity. Have I missed any?

And does anyone know or recommend the best ones for Scotland and Wales? I will of course ask the mighty Google, but would be good to hear others’ thoughts! Thanks! :pray:

6 replies

I can’t say whether they are ‘the best’ or not, but I’ve noticed we’ve gained a few charging points in the local car parks recently (bear in mind Upper Cwmboblle is where civilization ends) - next time I’m allowed out, I will see if I can find out who the provider is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Cant believe you forgot the bp owned chargemaster or does it have more than one name ? Soon to be at most bp fuel sites. 

Cant believe you forgot the bp owned chargemaster or does it have more than one name ? Soon to be at most bp fuel sites. 

Yep, it has more than one name! Polar is the name of the membership/network owned by Chargemaster :laughing:

Without question, the best is the Tesla SuperCharger network.

Thanks @Ohit 

But what about for other EVs, ie non-Telsa ones?

Thanks @Ohit 

But what about for other EVs, ie non-Telsa ones?

From experience of driving EVs over the past 2-3 years: Polar, especially the Plus membership/billing option.

Electric Highway at motorway service stations.

Ionity is picking up pace at being useful for the longer journies, albeit their standard pricing is quite high.