Solved

Night time EV tariff.

• 1 March 2021
  • 3 replies

A while ago there was talk of a night time EV tariff. I was wondering where Pure Planet had got to on this as we have two electric vehicles so would be keen to take advantages of this.

icon

Best answer by Marc 30 April 2021, 12:21

Not yet folks. We’ve got some exciting stuff coming to EV drivers (this testing with Members in Pure Futures hints at it) but I think it’s going to be closer to the summer for an EV-specific tariff.

We’d planned one sooner but we made the call to deliver some other really important and useful services which will assist more people! This includes: 

• Smart Export Guarantee - this went live in April 2021, so that householders with solar panels can sell energy back to the grid via Pure Planet
  • A better experience for family members who need to take over an account when the account holder dies – this went live in December, as did improved callback services for our more vulnerable Members who are on the Priority Services Register.
  • Warm Home Discount so that those on benefits can get help to pay for energy
  • More fixed tariffs.
  • Pre-pay / pay as you go - about to go live
View original

3 replies

I would like to know about this too before I go to octopus who seem to be 1step ahead .

Similar I'm currently a PP customer but we are moving house in 6 weeks time and this coincides with our contract end date. We now have an EV so keen on getting an EV tariff as see Octopus and EDF have some good value ones for overnight charging so be great to understand as last post I can see from you guys was last year saying it was delayed to 2021.

Not yet folks. We’ve got some exciting stuff coming to EV drivers (this testing with Members in Pure Futures hints at it) but I think it’s going to be closer to the summer for an EV-specific tariff.

We’d planned one sooner but we made the call to deliver some other really important and useful services which will assist more people! This includes: 

• Smart Export Guarantee - this went live in April 2021, so that householders with solar panels can sell energy back to the grid via Pure Planet
  • A better experience for family members who need to take over an account when the account holder dies – this went live in December, as did improved callback services for our more vulnerable Members who are on the Priority Services Register.
  • Warm Home Discount so that those on benefits can get help to pay for energy
  • More fixed tariffs.
  • Pre-pay / pay as you go - about to go live