Iconic classic cars being rebuilt as electric vehicles

• 7 March 2018
  • 5 replies

• Community Manager
  • 7593 replies

A company is putting iconic classic cars back on the road - but powered as 100% electric vehicles.

Vintage and classic Porsches are being converted by a Dutch company called Voitures Extravert into EVs.

The company hopes it will mean the return of the iconic car designs in city centres, instead of rusting away in junk yards.

If youโ€™re interested, the company is taking reservations for next year now.

Which classic car would you like to see converted into an EV?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Nice concept. I would like to see old school jaguar cars converted. The new jag range will be interesting to try or even the Aston Martin all electric when it's available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I would love to see an electric Porsche 944 but better still, the gorgeous old Wolseley! Happy childhood memories of our black D reg, thru the 70s, red leather seats. Be fab to see those back on the roads as a modern leccy version ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
My wish list (it's a very short list).
woz;7447:
My wish list (it's a very short list).

Beautiful! :rolleyes:
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Well it does say iconic...and it is; the convertible even more so but I couldn't find a photo to do it justice.
Whilst on holiday in Italy many years ago I saw a beautiful but completely worn out orange convertible parked outside a typical ornate (but completely worn out) Italian church.
Returned recently, the church is still there but sadly the car has gone...
It wouldn't take much horsepower to convert one (the car not the church) as they weigh so little, but where to put the batteries...