Expected ev tariffs

• 14 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Has anyone any idea about the expected tariffs that may be coming in the future.
Currently have an e-golf on order and constantly have Martin Lewis tell me I'm losing out by being with pure planet.
I am a very high user of both gas and electric. 4 bedroom house with 4 of us that work shifts etc so someone is practically always in the house.
Was in the process of looking for a switch before the pandemic put everything on hold.
πŸ™ Energy or edf seem to be the best I can find at the minute
If this is something pure planet will beat in the near future it could be worthwhile waiting
Also did I read that there is an upcoming tariff cut??

Thanks in advance for any replies
​​​​​​​Stay safe everyone

5 replies

I am pretty much in exactly the same boat and would love to know if PP have any plans for favourable rates for ev users so that I don’t have to consider switching
There is a pilot scheme running at present . I don't think they have decided what direction they are taking but surely must have an idea what the tariffs will be
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Paulinalty;51946:
I am pretty much in exactly the same boat and would love to know if PP have any plans for favourable rates for ev users so that I don’t have to consider switching

If you have a read about the EV pilot scheme, then I think you can work out that any special rates for EV users are unlikely to be seen much before the end of the year.

​​​​​​​https://community.purepla.net/threads/9444-Pure-Planet-EVs-pilot-call-for-Members-to-help-with-new-project
Hey @Markharrop @Paulinalty
Good questions.
We're currently running an EV pilot as @stephenrand has mentioned.
Right now we're asking Members taking part to tell us a bit about their charging patterns. The early data is very interesting. Not everyone does their charging overnight. Some charge in the day, others mix it up.
So it could mean that we might not offer a night EV tariff as other suppliers have done, as it could be too 'rigid' for some EV drivers. Or maybe we could offer a variety.
The main thing is we really want to hear more of what kind of product/service you want.
Please do get involved - this thread is a good starting point.

πŸ‘

We're also up for knowing a bit more about how often you use public charging points when on the road. I've recently started a thread on that here.
Badge
I guess the reasoning behind encouraging off peak charging is to spread the overall network load and use power when it is at its cheapest prices. That might not suit everyone but makes sense to encourage from national perspective.