EV and solar

• 22 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello
Current Pandemic permitting we have new solar panels with battery storage and EV ordered for June.

We haven't yet order car charging point and haven't looked into anything that Pure Planet offer or are considering.

​​​​​​​Does anyone have any useful tips or advice on how to get best value with a similar setup?
​​​

4 replies

Hi @pjryan51
Welcome to the community! Nice one for posting.
You'll see that I've moved this to the community's EVs section.
Take a look and you'll see we're asking our Members to give us feedback on what kind of EV services we should offer.

You're looking for a home charger installation?
And then some kind of EV-friendly tariff?
Badge
Hi
I have an EV with home charging point and am hoping to install PV later this year. I suggest you should look for a solution that coordinates EV charging with availabilty of electricty from your PV and the availability of renewable energy on the Grid - the Smart+ charger from ChargedEV I have does these and is remotely upgradeable for future capability.

Have you considered Vehicle to Grid - V2G - to make use of your vehicle battery to store "surplus" PV generated?
matthewr;52772:
Hi
I have an EV with home charging point and am hoping to install PV later this year. I suggest you should look for a solution that coordinates EV charging with availabilty of electricty from your PV and the availability of renewable energy on the Grid - the Smart+ charger from ChargedEV I have does these and is remotely upgradeable for future capability.

Have you considered Vehicle to Grid - V2G - to make use of your vehicle battery to store "surplus" PV generated?

Interesting stuff @matthewr
We'll be keen to expand our pilot into this area.
Re vehicle to grid. Do you know, is it still Nissan Leaf only which can do this, currently?
Badge
Marc

Yes I have seen that Nissan are engaged in v2g trials. The key issue is whether the extra charge/discharge cycles that v2g activity would involve will be detrimental to the battery life or affect the manufacturer's battery warranty. Nissan have said the trials won't affect their battery warranty.

Matthew