Electric Vehicle incentives

• 1 December 2017
  • 12 replies

I see Ecotricity are incentivising EV ownership - as a new EV owner part of my rationale for switching to PP was to complete picture with zero omissions sustainable fuel.... How about PP doing something to support EV use - consistent with a purer planet?

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi AndyB,

That's a really nice suggestion and I'll share it with the team. If you have any ideas of how we could incentivise EV drivers, I'm all ears for that too.
Thanks - as an example Ecotricity are bundling a reduced tariff with a home charger.... Not suggesting PP do the same, but perhaps worth finding a way to acknowledging that more eleccy will be used by Ev owners. Worth looking at the potential market size and increasingly rapid sales of EVs - in the next 5 years it's gonna be huge. Over 2.5 million new cars registered in the UK in 2016, projections for 1 million EVs 2020. Anything that encourages people to switch to sustainable energy has got to be a good thing.

Toby;1047:
Hi AndyB,

That's a really nice suggestion and I'll share it with the team. If you have any ideas of how we could incentivise EV drivers, I'm all ears for that too.
Userlevel 5
Thanks for this @anbyB. I'm going to share this with the whole team now.

May I ask what you drive right now? Or are you thinking of getting an EV soon?
Hi I also think this is a great idea as I’m thinking of getting a hybrid vehicle soon and I think offering customers incentives like free ev home chargers would be a great idea.
Userlevel 5
Good to hear your thoughts on this @slimdegsy! I'll share them with the rest of the team.

May I ask what EVs you're liking the look of?
Toby;1799:
Good to hear your thoughts on this @slimdegsy! I'll share them with the rest of the team.

May I ask what EVs you're liking the look of?

Hi Toby I am expecting delivery of a lease car in January and I have selected a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
slimdegsy;1817:
Hi Toby I am expecting delivery of a lease car in January and I have selected a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

Hi,
I've also just acquired a Mitshubishi Outlander PHEV. Would be great if my energy supplier (PP) could offer EV charger installation even for a small fee, just like Sky TV installation low fee.

PP could even imagine a "smart" charger (IoT type) feeding information to PP's App. That way we could track the car efficiency.

IMHO, a supplier able to provide cheap/clean electricity + EV charger installation + IoT + AI for advices = customer for life 🙂
Hi,

You can still get an Olev grant for £500 towards the charger and an additional £500 if you live in Scotland from the energy saving trust,
This should cover most installations,

Tim
AB1;6515:

IMHO, a supplier able to provide cheap/clean electricity + EV charger installation + IoT + AI for advices = customer for life :)

We hear you @AB1 !😀
That's great feedback
Interesting that you've gone for the Outlander PHEV. Apparently the UK's most popular plug-in hybrid
How are you finding it?
so far so good, love the quietness of the car while on pure electric for small city rides ... but now just need to figure out about the charger outlet :o

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Timco;6519:
Hi,

You can still get an Olev grant for £500 towards the charger and an additional £500 if you live in Scotland from the energy saving trust,
This should cover most installations,

Tim

Hi Tim ,
Sounds great!! I actually live in Scotland , will check this out
thanks for the tip 😉
AB1;6535:

Hi Tim ,
Sounds great!! I actually live in Scotland , will check this out
thanks for the tip ;-)

Brilliant stuff @Timco
Nice one for the tip 🙏
Great, the suppliers should sort out
The grant for you, I have an e-volt tethered unit. The Scottish energy saving trust website has a list of approved suppliers. You apply to the energy saving trust for the grant with the quote from the supplier, the supplier claims the Olev part, and you pay the remainder and send the receipt to the Scottish energy saving trust who repay you by bacs. It’s a bit of a circus but free charge point is nice.

The one that’s very quiet is that you can still get a six
Year interest free loan from the Scottish government for your first electric vehicle. Pretty
Incredible

Tim