Solved

Best tariff for stand-alone EV charger

• 16 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have ordered a Kia e-Niro. I live in a flat but own a garage a few hundred meters away from my home. I am having an EV charger installed in the garage but it is on it’s own electricity meter. I do about 300 mile per month so won’t use a lot of electricity.

This means that the standing charge/membership fee on this meter is probably more significant than the per kW price. There seem to be very few tariffs with no standing charge left and the comparison sites are not really set up for this scenario.

It would be great if existing customers could have a second meter on the same account without additional membership fees. I can’t be the only person in this situation.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

icon

Best answer by woz 16 November 2020, 17:02

@richads e.on do a tariff with a low standing charge, you should try to work out your annual consumption, which I calculate from googling at around 1000kWh plus anything else that’s connected to that meter?(kia niro 64 is quoted as 275Wh/mile)

Then use a comparison website (mse) 

The unit cost isn’t the cheapest, but as you say you have to look at it overall.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@richads e.on do a tariff with a low standing charge, you should try to work out your annual consumption, which I calculate from googling at around 1000kWh plus anything else that’s connected to that meter?(kia niro 64 is quoted as 275Wh/mile)

Then use a comparison website (mse) 

The unit cost isn’t the cheapest, but as you say you have to look at it overall.