• How do I move my electricity or gas meter?

Moving your electricity meter

If you’d like your electricity meter moved less than one metre and within its current backboard, we’re able to carry out this work for you.

Get in touch with our Member Services team by tapping ‘help’ > ‘Ask Wattbot’ in your account.
    Let them know you’d like your meter moved and they’ll be able to send this through to our metering contractor Magnum Utilities.
    Magnum will get in touch by phone to arrange a date and time for the appointment - there’s a cost of £126 for moving your electricity meter.

If you’d like your meter moved beyond its current backboard (for example, to another wall) you’ll also need to contact your local Distribution Network Operator (DNO). You can check who your DNO is by checking the final page of your welcome pack email or alternatively you can search online.

Your DNO will need to carry out work before we can send our engineers out to finish moving the meter - for example, any cabling and pipework affected by the move.

If you’d like all the work to be completed in one day, you’ll need to arrange for the DNO to carry out their work in the morning, and for Magnum to carry out their work in the afternoon.

Our costs are £126 per meter move, though there’ll likely be additional costs from the DNO.

Moving your gas meter

If you’d like your gas meter moved within its pipework’s current reach, we’re able to carry out this work for you.
    In your account tap ‘help’ > ‘Ask WattBot’ and send a photo to the team with all the surrounding pipework visible, as well as where you’d like it moved, and they can check this for you.

If the pipework doesn’t need changing, our Member Services team will send this through to our metering contractor Magnum Utilities.
    Magnum will get in touch by phone to arrange a date and time for the appointment - there’s a cost of £126 for moving your gas meter.

If you’d like your meter moved beyond the reach of the current pipework, you’ll need to contact your Gas Transporter as they’re responsible for the cabling and pipework attached to your meter. You can find out who your Gas Transporter is here.

If your gas meter is mounted on a wall, and you’d like it moved to another wall, your Gas Transporter can carry out all this work for you, and we won’t need to attend.

If you have a semi-concealed meter (for example, a gas meter which is in the ground) that you’d like moved to be wall-mounted, or vice-versa, your Gas Transporter will need to carry out their work in the morning and Magnum will need to attend in the afternoon to finish moving the meter.
    Our cost is £126 for the gas meter move, plus there’ll likely be additional costs from the Gas Transporter.

Read more:
    What do I do if I think my meter needs to be changed?
    Can Pure Planet create a new connection for my newly built home?