If what you’re currently paying isn’t going to continue to cover the cost of your energy usage, including going into higher winter usage, we’ll let you know that we think your Direct Debits need to be increased, and by how much.
If you’ve been paying for more energy than you’ve used, and it’s projected that you’ll continue to accumulate credit on your account, we’ll suggest a decrease in your Direct Debits, in line with your projected usage for the year.
If your Direct Debit hasn’t been reviewed yet but you think it should be, you can just contact our Member services team via WattBot (tap ‘help’ > ‘WattBot’ in your account) and ask them to review your usage for you.
There are several reasons we wouldn’t carry out a review on your account, as they could cause the estimated usage and balance to be inaccurate. These reasons are:
- You’ve been on supply with us for less than 3 months
- You’ve not received a statement since coming on supply
- There’s an ongoing reading dispute, erroneous transfer or your meter details are being updated on the national gas and electricity databases (for example after a previous unrecorded meter exchange)
- An ongoing complaint case
- A particularly large debit/credit as our Payments team resolve these on an individual basis
- If there’s ongoing activity with our Payments team, for example, there's been a missed Direct Debit payment or a cancelled Direct Debit
- If the Member Services team have carried out a manual Direct Debit review on your account in the last 6 months
We’ll email you the suggested Direct Debit amount - whether you’re on track, or need your payments increased or decreased.
If you disagree with the proposed changes you can reply to the email, let our Member Services team know your concerns, and they'll get back to you to discuss your payments.
When does Pure Planet review my monthly Direct Debits to make sure I'm paying the right amount?