You’ll be alerted of this when you’re getting a quote in the Pure Planet app or on our website.
During the quote and joining process we retrieve your meter details from a national database. If we think you have a meter which we don’t support you will see this message in the app: “We’re not quite ready to support your meter.”
Which meters are affected?
- Pre-pay non-smart meters. These meters are topped up with a card, key, pr via a website or app. Please ask your current supplier to switch your meter to credit mode. They will need to arrange for an engineer to visit your home. Once that is done, you’ll be able to complete the switch via our app or website. More info on our plans to support pre-pay meters here.
- Non-standard smart meters in pre-pay mode. Please ask your current supplier to switch your meter to credit. Because they are smart, these can be usually switched remotely. Once that is done, you’ll be able to complete the switch via our app or website.
- Second generation smart meters. Known as SMETS2, a small number of UK households are being issued with these latest smart meters in mid to late 2018. We’re waiting for the testing of SMETS2 to be completed before giving them to Pure Planet Members, for free, in 2019. More info on the SMETS2 rollout here.
If you believe that your meter is NOT one of those listed above, make sure you have provided the correct address and postcode during joining.
If the address is correct but the meter information is wrong, you will need to contact your current supplier and ask them to update the national register with the correct meter details.
Once that has been done you will be able to switch.
You may also like:
- How do I switch to Pure Planet?
- What is a smart meter?
- What happens to my balance when I switch suppliers?
- I have a SMETS2 smart meter - will it work with Pure Planet?
Any other questions? Ask the Community.