Pure Planet Community spotlight on Member Rds261189

• 24 February 2021
  • 10 replies

• Community Manager
  • 5493 replies

This month the Pure Planet Community spotlight falls on Member @Rds261189 

A big fan of cooking, PC gaming and busy decorating his new home, @Rds261189 has been super helpful with other Members’ queries about smart meters and switching suppliers.

Here he tells us some more about himself, including why he joined PP. 

Thanks for agreeing to take part in this month's spotlight @Rds261189 and for being a top member of our Community :blush:

How long have you been a member of Pure Planet and why did you join?

I will be a Pure Planet member a year in April I'm sure lol, joined PP cause of the carbon offsets and its renewable energy.

Where are you from, and where do you live now?

I'm from Whitburn in Scotland and currently live in Whitburn

What do you love doing outside of work / with your free time?

At the moment I can't really do anything but usually love spending my days visiting friends and family or playing Warzone on the PC and getting my son every 2 weeks.

What are you currently reading or watching?

I don't read apart articles on Facebook, and I love Gordon Ramsay's television show “24 hours to hell and back”.

What did you have for breakfast this morning?

I never eat in the mornings cause my tablets at night make me miss breakfast. But my favourite food is chicken Thai green curry which I love cooking

Apart from signing up for renewable energy, what’s your top tip for cutting carbon and saving money?

I only put the washing machine on at full loads. I keep things switched off when I can, and have gas on the timer for heating and hot water.

The Community spotlight is a regular feature to find out a little bit more about who we are, what we like, and maybe what we don't like! 

Other members who've taken part include @Ohit @LUCKY JO @25 quid @G4RHL @Gwyndy @David j @Bev @Angelabikerbabe @woz and many, many more!

If you'd like to take part in the Community spotlight series, or you'd like to nominate a fellow community member :wink:send me or @Nataly  a message anytime.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Great read Ryan 👏👍👏👍. 

You might be interested in Gordon Ramsey’s new quiz show, starting tonight, 2100Hrs BBC1, Bank Balance 🤷‍♀️. I’m going to give it a go, as enjoy watching him too 👍

Keep up the cooking! 👍

Badge +2

Lovely to hear a little more about you @Rds261189 

Enjoy a Thai Green Curry myself!!  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Lovely to hear a little more about you @Rds261189 

Enjoy a Thai Green Curry myself!!  

I love putting chillies in mine and make all my food from fresh and do the food recycling and recycle everything I can so I'm all about helping do my bit to reduce waste too😊😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Nice read Ryan, I am now off to the local shop to see if I can source the ingredients for a Thai Green Curry. 👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge

Nice read Ryan, I am now off to the local shop to see if I can source the ingredients for a Thai Green Curry. 👏👏👏👏

Hint lol go to Aldi and get the kit of thai green curry it has pack of all the spices, paste and coconut milk in it, its awesome

Thai green curry. Great. Add the extra chillies. 

I thought Whitburn was near Sunderland. Did not know there was one in whisky and haggis country. Although am I right with the latter? Haggis comes from England and England has some excellent malt whiskies! Two I know of surpass many well known brands. Not that I am being contentious of course!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Owww imagine not knowing there is a whitburn in Scotland 🤣🤣 we are twinned with Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire, Whitburn is smack bang in between Edinburgh and Glasgow and is near to Harthill which is the heart 💓 of Scotland and 20 minutes drive from the famous forth bridges.  I hardly eat haggis myself but do have the occasional whiskey when celebrating nice occasions.

Ryan

Userlevel 7
Badge

Great read Ryan 👏👍👏👍. 

You might be interested in Gordon Ramsey’s new quiz show, starting tonight, 2100Hrs BBC1, Bank Balance 🤷‍♀️. I’m going to give it a go, as enjoy watching him too 👍

Keep up the cooking! 👍

Yes seen he had a new quiz show but I can't imagine him presenting a game show when he's a world renowned chef.

Ryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

He was a good host Ryan, as you’d expect, BUT the format was beyond awful! Truly was! I switched off after the first couple of contestants. Truly bad 👎👎👎👎👎👎

Userlevel 7
Badge

He was a good host Ryan, as you’d expect, BUT the format was beyond awful! Truly was! I switched off after the first couple of contestants. Truly bad 👎👎👎👎👎👎

I think I will stick to watching him cook 🤣🤣