Pure Planet Community spotlight on Content Creator Alex Hepworth

• Community Manager
  • 7593 replies

This month the Pure Planet Community spotlight falls on our very own Alex who’s just joined us in our marketing team.

Alex is looking after the Pure Planet blog as well as sorting out the pages on our website, and helping with our marketing campaigns in general too.

From Bath originally, we’re really happy to welcome Alex to our Pure Planet community. Here she tells us a little bit more about herself.

Alex who’s just joined us at Pure Planet!

How long have you been at Pure Planet and why did you join?

I’ve been at Pure Planet for just under 3 months now — it’s flown. I joined for a couple of reasons. As our Content Creator I get to write every day, which is something I’ve always loved. And I’m glad to be able to work somewhere with a purpose. Pure Planet is doing something important, and I feel very lucky to be a part of that. 

Where are you from, and where do you live now?

I’m a born and bred Bathonian, although I’ve lived elsewhere for 12 years now. At the moment I’m based in Bristol, but will actually be moving back to Bath in the next few months.

What do you love doing outside of work/with your free time?

Eating! Whether that be in a restaurant or at home, a considerable amount of my day is spent thinking about food. I’ve a lot to thank food for actually — it was my university food blog that ignited my passion for writing, and kick started my career.

What are you currently reading or watching? 

I’m just about to start One August Night by Victoria Hislop — the story’s set in the Greek islands, which is my favourite place in the world. This book is probably the closest I’ll get to Greece this year unfortunately!

One thing nobody would ever guess from looking at you?

My age, apparently. I get asked for ID regularly, even for things like Christmas crackers and lottery tickets. I’m 31!

What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Blueberry almond yoghurt with sliced banana, flax seed, a drizzle of honey and extra blueberries.

Apart from signing up for renewable energy, what’s your top tip for cutting carbon and saving money?

Start small. It can feel overwhelming to know where to begin, but simple, affordable changes (like walking instead of driving to the local shops, or swapping out your plastic toothbrush for an eco-friendly one) are more likely to stick. An estimated 200 million plastic toothbrushes end up in landfill each year in the UK — just imagine the impact if we all made the simple swap to a bamboo one instead! 

:hugging:

The Community spotlight is a regular feature to find out a little bit more about who we are, what we like, and maybe what we don't like! 

Other members who've taken part include @Rds261189  @LUCKY JO  @25 quid  @G4RHL @Gwyndy @David j @Bev @Angelabikerbabe  plus many, many more!

If you'd like to take part in the Community spotlight series, or you'd like to nominate a fellow community member :wink: send me or @Nataly or @Mads a message anytime.

And thanks again to Alex for taking part and being a good sport!

18 replies

Userlevel 2

@AlexHep I decided my photoshop skills were getting a bit rusty so I hope you don’t mind I had a practice on your photo. Feel free to delete it.(it doesn’t stand up to hard scrutiny but still...)

I like the addition @woz  :grin: there simply aren’t enough skyscrapers in New York! 

Userlevel 2

Yeah, me too!

Paris!

Finally, I can tick Blackpool (AKA the Paris of the UK) off my bucket list - thanks @25 quid!

Yeah, me too!

Paris!

@woz What a great job you have done. Full marks. It is still June so this can go into the June photo competition. Now I know it was said photos were to beabout nature but are not we humans part of nature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@AlexHep I decided my photoshop skills were getting a bit rusty so I hope you don’t mind I had a practice on your photo. Feel free to delete it.(it doesn’t stand up to hard scrutiny but still...)

Userlevel 2

@AlexHep

Good luck, that photoshopped background in the photo is very impressive…..

(joking! is it the Rockerfeller centre?)

Yes! It’s Top of the Rock. It was a spur of the moment decision to visit late on my last evening in New York. So glad I did - it was quite magical, and very tranquil compared to the city below. 

Dam, we was just about to move to Bath….for the lights, action and camera’s. Whats Bath like…

Its actually lovely!

I haven’t had a bath for 40 years.

@AlexHep

I think it was here maybe

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Dam, we was just about to move to Bath….for the lights, action and camera’s. Whats Bath like…

Its actually lovely!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@AlexHep

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Lovely to hear all about you Alex, welcome, and I hope we'll be seeing more of you in the future 

Userlevel 2

Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome - I’m very happy to be here :blush:  Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Welcome Alex 👍

One thing nobody would ever guess from looking at you?

My age, apparently. I get asked for ID regularly, even for things like Christmas crackers and lottery tickets. I’m 31!

Before you know it your friends’ children will be regularly pointing out how ancient and out of touch you are.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Love the Spotlight feature, Alex, so great you joined in 💡👍

Lovely read, and how fab it must feel to constantly be asked to prove your age 😳👍at 31! Very lucky! 

Hope you will enjoy working at PP 👍. Starting a new job is hard at the best of times, so good on you joining during a worldwide pandemic, can’t have been easy 😳👏. 

Loving your healthy breakfast! Flaxseeds are grande 👍🙃. 

Oh and absolutely re small steps to doing our bit! Walking is sooooo key. 

With you being totally involved in the blog, you’ll no doubt be dipping into the community lots too! Every success for your, hopefully long, career with PP Alex 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good reading Alex and continued good fortune working for PP.

Cut down on the sugar by the way, as I head off to bake a cake.

Welcome aboard Alex. I have an age problem as well. When I buy booze I am never asked for my proof of age card!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great read Alex, sounds as though you’re a “great fit” for Pure Planet. 
Regards,

Dai 👍👍