Pure Planet Community points and rewards - how do these work?

• 30 June 2020
  • 5 replies

• Community Manager
  • 6304 replies

Each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

How do I earn points?

Community Members can earn points by contributing to our community in various ways, such as creating new useful content, helping other users out by answering questions and so on.

You can get a good idea of how you’re getting on by checking out the Members’ leaderboard on the Pure Planet Community homepage. This displays points earned by Members every week, and over their community lifetime.

At the end of each month community managers apply a top secret formula to these points to split community Members into five "bands" based on your contributions to the community.

These five bands are awarded either 100, 200, 500, 1000 or 1500 Pure Planet Community Points worth £1, £2, £5, £10 or £15 respectively.

We also have a very rare "Mystery Band" worth 2,500 points, or £25, for members who have made an outstanding contribution to the community.

We can’t tell you exactly how the points are distributed throughout the community but, in a nutshell, the more you contribute and the more active you are, the more you’ll earn.

Please be aware that as our community grows, the way we distribute our rewards (not the amount) may change depending on how many people participate. This means it may get harder to reach the higher bands as clearly our rewards budget cannot be limitless.

How will I know how many points I have earned each month?

Once members have been allocated their points each for the month, we’ll post an update in the community.

What happens to the points I earn?

Once every six months points earned are redeemed as rewards. We’ll calculate the total points earned and send you your reward by email, which can be used for Amazon, Asos or For Good Causes, an organisation which supports thousands of charities.

Who can take part? Do I need to be a Pure Planet member?

You don't need to be a Pure Planet member to earn community points, but you do need to be on supply with Pure Planet to redeem your points and turn them into a physical reward.

As well as being on supply to redeem your points, you’ll also need to have an active Direct Debit with us. And you won’t be able to take part if you’ve been banned from our community.

Can I earn a zillion points by cheating?

Erm, no. We actively monitor the community and all ways to gain points. If we find evidence of artificial inflation, we will remove the points and ban users who abuse our system. Read our terms and conditions for more information.

Please earn your points the pure way.

Is there a limit to how much I can earn?

In simple terms, the more you put into the community, the more points you’re likely to earn.

But we have a strict budget, and this means that as the community grows, points will be spread over a larger base of members.

This means it may get harder to reach the same number of points.

What happens to my Pure Planet Community points if I switch to another supplier?

In order to redeem your points you must be on supply with us and not be in the process of switching to another supplier.

5 replies

Userlevel 4

wow! An added bonus, making me more convinced I made the right choice from moving my supply from one of the big 6! 

I cant slate them too much lol I work for one 😅 

But I absolutley love the set up of PP, it has felt more like im apart of something rather than just another account! I hope that even when the company grows it continues this great customer feel! 

X

Welcome to the community and to Pure Planet @Mightymidget :slight_smile:

Thanks for those kind words, and nice one for getting stuck into the community discussions!

Userlevel 2

Looking forward to learning from the community - it’s time to make a difference… stronger together!

Welcome to the community @Corfe Luke  :slight_smile:

Nice one for getting stuck in! Finding your way around OK? 

Userlevel 2

Hi Marc - all good so far thanks. Think these community pages are brilliant. Thanks for all the hard work the team puts in. Genuine appreciation from the Lukes...