Solved

What is "Offset Bill" on my latest statement?

Hi,
I've got 2 "Offset Bill" amounts on my latest statement.
What are these?

How do I get old bills sent through to me, as maybe it relates to them ?

Rory
icon

Best answer by Marc 6 July 2018, 10:45

Hi @Rory
Nice one, this is a good question.
This is when previous statements have been corrected.
For example if previous months' statements were using estimates, and this month we received a reading, and that resulted in a very different statement.

Your previous statements will be attached to the previous monthly emails we sent you.

Hope that helps? Let me know 🆙
View original

11 replies

Hi @Rory
Nice one, this is a good question.
This is when previous statements have been corrected.
For example if previous months' statements were using estimates, and this month we received a reading, and that resulted in a very different statement.

Your previous statements will be attached to the previous monthly emails we sent you.

Hope that helps? Let me know 🆙
Hi,
Thankyou for the reply.
It makes sense except the previous statements I have don't have the same figures that are on this most recent statement.
I have statements dated 2018-05-08, 2018-04-16, 2018-05-05 and 2018-07-05.
I've not received any other statements.
I can't find a way to download / be sent historic statements / estimates ?
How do I get copies of old statements?
Thankyou
Rory
Hi @Rory
Statements are emailed to Members every month. You will see them as a PDF attachment.
Can you get hold of those old emails?

Rory;8379:

How do I get copies of old statements?
Thankyou
Rory
Hi,
I've looked through all the emails I have, but there are gaps in terms of what one invoice says and the next one does.
It seems that some of the emails did not get to me.
Hence asking for a way to get historic copies of invoices.
So, as before, how do I get copies of old invoices / statements?
Regards
Rory
Hi @Rory
You could check your spam/junk folder - some emails end up there, especially if you're a Hotmail user. And if you're Gmail, it's worth checking the 'promotions' folder.

Otherwise, you can contact our Member services team, and they can resend them to you.
To contact our team, head to Help in the app and type 'message the team' and they will respond when they can.
It’s not a live-chat service but someone will get back to you within one working day.
Hi,
I've already checked my spam folders etc.
My latest statement has 2 offset bill items for 2 figures that don't match any of the figures on previous statements/bills.
I've messaged the team via the app to be sent all my bills / statements to date.
Thankyou.
Rory
I have 2 offset bills too - shame there is no explanation as to what they are or what your workings are to calculate them... I presume you have them and so could have saved me seeking out answers! Mine amount to £160 and since the previous 2 statements had readings and not estimates I’m baffled! To date this had been going fine... but I now begin to see the downsides when things appear to go wrong and you’re left trying to get answers...
Hi @kdz

I can ask our member service team to send you all of your previous statements?
You will have these already though, as each month's statement is attached as a PDF to the monthly email.

Do you have access to the previous emails?
Hi again @kdz
I've been chatting to our Members services team about this a bit more
They tell me that recently we have been receiving industry data that has caused some Members to be automatically re-billed from the start of their account. This has resulted in a single statement being sent out, to replace all previous statements.
The statement is correct, and takes into account your most recent readings, even though they are not shown.

We're currently looking into the issue
Sorry for any confusion caused by this
Marc;9253:
Hi again @kdz
I've been chatting to our Members services team about this a bit more
They tell me that recently we have been receiving industry data that has caused some Members to be automatically re-billed from the start of their account. This has resulted in a single statement being sent out, to replace all previous statements.
The statement is correct, and takes into account your most recent readings, even though they are not shown.

We're currently looking into the issue
Sorry for any confusion caused by this

I am in the same boat as these other folks and cannot make any sense of these offsets. Without the numbers how am I supposed to check if the billing is correct. Sorry you simply saying they are is not good enough. I need to see the calculation
Hi @GaryClarkson
Thanks for that - it's useful feedback.
I've just published a new article in the community knowledge hub to explain what an Offset Bill is, and why they happen.
Check it out here
I hope it is helpful