Solved

Smart meter tariff

• 27 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Have just switched, but our smart meter is still showing the old rates for both gas and electric, do these automatically update or do we have to do something?

(Switch date was 18-aug and everything seems to have gone ok, Scottish power have confirmed acct has switched)
icon

Best answer by Toby 29 August 2017, 11:52

Hi @Twocups,
As your meter was provided by your old supplier, it is only a true 'smart' meter if used with them. The smart meter will therefore still show your old supplier's tariff, even if you leave them. Rest assured though, you're paying our wholesale rate. The smart meter's energy usage readings are still accurate however and you'll need to provide us with those when we ask for them.

We will be releasing our own smart meters soon (I'll update the community with more info when I can) which will function as your smart meter used to at your old supplier. They will also be able to be used with any supplier and are known as 'SMETS2' meters. The one you currently have is 'SMETS1' meter, so it only works with the supplier who fitted it.

I hope this all helps! Does it all make sense?
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi @Twocups, Was the 18th August the day you joined us through the app? When you switch to us, you'll be on our supply (and rate) 17 days after that date. Or was the 18th the date on which the 17 day join period should have ended? If so, we'll explore this and see what's what for you.
The 18th was the last day of switch so we're all moved properlY
Userlevel 5
Thanks for the info @Twocups, I'll talk to the team about this and get back to you asap.
Userlevel 5
Hi @Twocups,
As your meter was provided by your old supplier, it is only a true 'smart' meter if used with them. The smart meter will therefore still show your old supplier's tariff, even if you leave them. Rest assured though, you're paying our wholesale rate. The smart meter's energy usage readings are still accurate however and you'll need to provide us with those when we ask for them.

We will be releasing our own smart meters soon (I'll update the community with more info when I can) which will function as your smart meter used to at your old supplier. They will also be able to be used with any supplier and are known as 'SMETS2' meters. The one you currently have is 'SMETS1' meter, so it only works with the supplier who fitted it.

That's perfect, looking forward to the new meters, thanks for your help 😁
Toby;446:
Hi @Twocups,