Solved

Not able to submit opening meter reading

Hello,
I recently signed up to switch my gas and electric (economy 7) to you but I am unable to submit my opening meter reading. My understanding is that there should be an option in the my account section but there is nothing there. Can you help me out please.
Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Marc 10 January 2018, 10:16

Hi @marcus
Thanks for posting in the community.
You only need to send a meter reading a few days before your switch date. It takes about 17 days form the day you join to the date when you switch. Here's some useful info on the switching process in our community knowledge hub.
Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting. If you have other questions ask the community.

Thanks
Marc
View original

43 replies

Hi @marcus
Thanks for posting in the community.
You only need to send a meter reading a few days before your switch date. It takes about 17 days form the day you join to the date when you switch. Here's some useful info on the switching process in our community knowledge hub.
Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting. If you have other questions ask the community.

Thanks
Marc
That's great, but you didn't answer the question. Where there is supposed to be an option to submit a reading on the My Account page there isn't. Are you saying that it will become available when it's needed?
Userlevel 5
Hi @KatieKoo and welcome 🙂. When did you join up to Pure Planet? The meter feature may not be available if it was very recently. Let me know as that will help me offer some more advice.
Why can't I insert a meter reading? The estimate the have is way too hight but app is stuck so I can't insert the true one! There is a button which says next but however many times I press it I can't move onto next page
Susi;4897:
Why can't I insert a meter reading? The estimate the have is way too hight but app is stuck so I can't insert the true one! There is a button which says next but however many times I press it I can't move onto next page

Hi @Susi
Thanks for posting in the community!
What kind of phone are you using? You should also make sure that it has been updated to the latest version of the app.
Are you still having problems submitting a reading?
I had the same problem. I had to remove the app from running memory, and restart it, and then it worked. Must be a bug in the app. Hope this helps.
I have submitted my initial meter reading and thought this was successful. But now when I log in to the app I see no trace of the readings and the app is still asking that I supply a reading. What should I Do?
Hi @Randombloke
Great username 😂
If you go back to 'Send a meter reading' in your account menu you'll see the last meter reading that was sent.
Hi I can't submit my opening meter reading. The button is there under account but it seems inactive? No arrow to the right like rest of buttons. I have also had email that says now is the time to submit reading?
Hi @Seanio71
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting. Can you try again please, Menu > My Account > Send a Meter Reading
If it's still not working - what make/model of phone have you got?
Still not working. I have a samsung note 3
Marc;6987:
Hi @Seanio71
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting. Can you try again please, Menu > My Account > Send a Meter Reading
If it's still not working - what make/model of phone have you got?
Hi @Seanio71

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to confirm you have the latest version. Delete all of the old verification emails you have received as this can cause issues when trying to login. Please also ensure you have enough processing space on the device, have a good signal or are on WiFi.

If you are still unable to submit your readings then 'Message the team' via the app and one of the team members will look into this and submit your readings manually for you.
Hi @Seanio71
Did this get sorted? I've been away so just picking this up.
The reply from @Vwardy is spot on.
Also make sure that your phone has the most up to date version of Android (or, at least the most up to date that Samsung will allow you to install on the Note 3).
Currently our app works on Android version 5.0 (known as 'Lollipop') and above.
The opening reading estimate is NOT what I provided and has resulted in a bill of close to £500 for 1 day of gas use. The payment will be taking automatically is a joke. Why wasn’t the actual opening reading taken and how does this get fixed. I have to say my problems with this provider continue - a total joke. Please help.
Hi @mall croft
Our Member service can check this out for you. Please go to 'help' in the app and open WattBot.
We'll ask for photos of your meter with the reading displayed. You'll be able to include this pic in the chat
It will get sorted 🆙
Hi, I'm trying to submit my opening meter readings but the 'next' button doesn't appear to function. I've seen in the community about uninstalling & reinstalling App, but I only just downloaded it being a new customer. I'm using a iPad. Advice please. (Used WattBott but that only appeared to give me a generic response which didn't answer my query)

Thanks
Hello,

The app asks for day and night readings but I’m not sure which is which ? On my metre I have readings for R and T

Thanks
Hi @DWeb
Which model of iPad have you got, and which version of iOS?

DWeb;9712:
Hi, I'm trying to submit my opening meter readings but the 'next' button doesn't appear to function. I've seen in the community about uninstalling & reinstalling App, but I only just downloaded it being a new customer. I'm using a iPad. Advice please. (Used WattBott but that only appeared to give me a generic response which didn't answer my query)

Thanks
Thanks Marc, I'm now talking to Maddie who has asked for all this kind of info (along with other) so she can refer to Tech team - hopefully that will do the trick. If not, I'll be back!
Hi @Simonpyke

To be sure you know which is which, carry out what is known as a ‘space test’.
Take two sets of readings during the day. The one that moves is the day rate.

This has to be done between the hours of 7.30am - 11.30pm with a minimum of a two hour gap. This will show you which rate is moving during the day and which is moving during the night.

For example:
8am
Reading 1 = 23418
Reading 2 = 36221

7pm
Reading 1 = 23460
Reading 2 = 36221

See what I mean? Hope that helps 🆙

Simonpyke;9725:
Hello,

The app asks for day and night readings but I’m not sure which is which ? On my metre I have readings for R and T

Thanks
I have submitted my meter readings but now there is no record of them? This happened on the only other occasion I had to submit? Why is the app so poor with the?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi paul.
When you entered readings did you get a big green tick?
If you did then readings have been received.
In24hrs time if you go back into send a reading it will show the first reading you sent today.
I do believe the info on ability to see previous readings needs improving and i do also think this is being worked on for a future version of the app.
I have signed up to pureplant recently and was asked to submit my opening meter reading along with a photo. I did this at the weekend but I haven’t received any confirmation and I can’t see the information saved anywhere on the app. On the app it’s still asking for a meter reading but when i got to submit it says ‘error in connection’. I would be grateful to know how to proceed. The bot has been absolutely no help and so far I’m not impressed.
Hi @123barkham
After submitting meter readings the app displays a confirmation screen with a big green tick, like this:

The app currently always states 'Send a meter reading'
Hi. My switch over date was supposed to be 2 days ago but i haven't been asked for a meter reading yet. Can i do it anyway as its avaliable in thr app?