Solved

Confirm Direct Debit — Server Error

Hi

I’m trying to switch supplier to Pure Planet and I’ve got to the confirm Direct Debit details screen. When I tap on ‘Confirm my switch’, after a few seconds I get an error message saying ‘Server error. Problem communicating with servers’.

I’ve tried about a dozen times now. Obviously this is a real hurdle to switching to you as my energy supplier. Any ideas?

I’ve just downloaded the app from the App Store, so it’s an up-to-date version. I’m running the latest version of iOS, and I’ve tried on both my 10.5” iPad Pro and iPhone X, all up-to-date devices.

Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Marc 19 July 2018, 11:03

Hi again @sturner and @StevieMac
Our team have just found a server issue and have fixed it
Thanks for reporting it here :foldedhands: - it should all be working fine now, but sorry for the hassle.
We're looking into the cause to ensure it doesn't happen again
View original

17 replies

I've done the initial bit, giving my usage etc, but when I come to give my bank details to set up the DD and click 'Confirm my Switch', I get a Server Error - Problem communicating with servers.

Is this a common occurrence with Pure Planet (if so, I will find an alternative supplier), or is it just a temporary glitch?
Good morning @sturner and @StevieMac
Cheers for posting in the community 🆙
You've both posted about the same thing, so I've merged your threads and I'll ask our tech team to investigate, and will update. @StevieMac what kind of mobile are you using?
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8+
Thanks for that @StevieMac
Our team are looking at this issue right now.
I'll update this thread as soon as I get some new info for you
Hi again @sturner and @StevieMac
Our team have just found a server issue and have fixed it
Thanks for reporting it here :foldedhands: - it should all be working fine now, but sorry for the hassle.
We're looking into the cause to ensure it doesn't happen again
Perfect. Thanks Marc. That’s me set up now.
That's great to hear @sturner
Thanks for dropping back into the community and letting me know :foldedhands::D
sturner;8879:
Perfect. Thanks Marc. That’s me set up now.
I’ve been trying all day to register. Still getting server error
What kind of phone are you using @Mariapom? And what version of the OS does it have?
Mariapom;8933:
I’ve been trying all day to register. Still getting server error
Ive has the same problem trying to switch. I’ve left several messages on the help chat and have received no answers. Quite frankly if this is the level of service and I can’t get replies from the Help channel I’m going to cancel the switch tonight
Hi @Damian
What phone are you using? And also what version operating system?
I will flag this up with our tech team

Damian;8973:
Ive has the same problem trying to switch.
Marc;8975:
Hi @Damian
What phone are you using? And also what version operating system?
I will flag this up with our tech team

I’m using an iPhone 7 Plus and the iOS is up to date. Still nothing from the help chat so I don’t know how to complete my details. Very frustrating

- - - Updated - - -

I’m using an iPhone 7 Plus and the iOS is up to date. Still nothing from the help chat so I don’t know how to complete my details. Very frustrating
Damian;8979:

Thanks @Damian 🆙
(BTW It's not a live chat service. Our team aim to respond within one working day.)
I'm asking our tech team to check this out
Hi,
I go on holiday on Tuesday. I've received an email but still haven't been able to complete the registration for bank details. How do I do this?
Using robots is all well and good but when you hit a problem confidence in the company in undermined when you can't talk to someone.
1 day for a reply is too long when you're trying to win new customer.
Kind regards,
Damian
Hi @Damian
Our tech team say you've been able to join.
Has it gone through OK?
I’ve received the welcome pack but I was unable to complete the sign up and give bank details due to the server error. Can you confirm you now have my bank details and I don’t need to take any action?
Damian;8989:
Can you confirm you now have my bank details and I don’t need to take any action?

Yep it's all good 🆙
Have a great holiday!