Join Pure Planet’s carbon free commute on Clean Air Day

• 12 June 2019
  • 9 replies

• Community Manager
  • 5836 replies

Clean Air Day is coming and the team at Pure Planet is challenging you to a carbon free commute.

Pure Planeteers will be commuting to work without using carbon on Thursday, 20 June.

One of us is walking from Bristol to Bath — another member of our team plans to kayak his way to the office (though he’ll have to carry his canoe for the last bit!). :p

We did the same last year and between us travelled 186 miles carbon free.

Now we’re bigger we’re aiming to save more, and it would be great if some community Members take part and tell us how you get on?

Here’s a bit more info about Clean Air Day and a Pure Planet blog post from last year too.

9 replies

Every morining, I get up, go into the kitchen and start making breakfast - at that point, I'm in 'work' - does that count?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I am choosing that date as my day off next week. So no carbon for me.
Gwyndy;31183:
Every morining, I get up, go into the kitchen and start making breakfast - at that point, I'm in 'work' - does that count?

How are you making your breakfast @Gwyndy ? If you could only make toast from solar power....
Brilliant effort from a few of the PP team who made the journey to work today by canoe 💪

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I had to leave my front door and make all the way down to the gravel. I manage to do it carbon free everyday.
Im not sure that really counts. So great effort travelling by canoe, is said canoe now in the office?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Does this mean that Marc wimped out of the canoe ride 'cos he's taking the photos?
You should get a crop out of the bottom photo in the local paper.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Gorgeous picture, what a scenic view into work! How idyllic! That deffo needs to be local news indeed 👍👍👍👍. Highly commended 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
woz;31684:
Does this mean that Marc wimped out of the canoe ride 'cos he's taking the photos?

Got it in one @woz
😂
Someone had to.
Mind you, given I drive a Leaf powered by PP's clean energy, I'm already doing zero carbon commutes 💪
And now the poor buggers have to canoe home 😂
Here they are at PP towers just before heading off with their paddles

BTW all together we all commuted more than 300 miles carbon-free today!!