Solved

you've asked for a meter reading, but I'm on a SMART meter

• 12 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi. I switched to PurePlanet 3 months ago, and my last statement shows that you have you’ve received meter readings from my smart meter (2nd generation). Today I got an email asking for a meter reading? 

Should I ignore it?

icon

Best answer by woz 12 October 2020, 20:51

hi @SteveDorset 

yes, as long as the actual meter readings on the meters on the wall match the readings PP are getting I see no benefit in sending readings in. Does the app say the readings are automatic? 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @SteveDorset 

yes, as long as the actual meter readings on the meters on the wall match the readings PP are getting I see no benefit in sending readings in. Does the app say the readings are automatic? 

Hi @SteveDorset,

If you have never sent a picture since moving in, Pure Planet like at least one to confirm the correct meter serial numbers. This ensures they are billing the right property. Seems unlikely they are not correct in your case (as you haven’t said the bills are wrong), but one set of photos should stop them from asking again.

Aha, wot @woz  said!

hi @SteveDorset 

yes, the app says that I have a smart meter, so I don’t need to send any readings. I guess the email asking for the meter read must just be an automated thing, that I can ignore. Thanks!