Solved

wrong readings

• 11 June 2021
  • 7 replies

I have received  my 1st statement from PP after recently buying a property & for some reason the readings they have are estimated & completely wrong considering  I supplied them with readings  when I signed up with them & I have smart meter

How do I get this corrected & estimated  readings stopped?

Many Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 11 June 2021, 19:09

With regards to your closing readings for your 1st statement , and subsequent readings-it depends when you submit your readings.
For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month. 
When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Eg. PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated. 
However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted.
https://community.purepla.net/statements-and-billing-43/estimated-readings-on-my-statement-10321

If you are disputing your very 1st opening readings, then I would suggest you contact PP directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the
☰ menu at the top, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq,  if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it 

please note it’s not a live-chat and it’ll be 2 or 3 working days before they’re able to reply.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

Are you talking about your opening readings being estimated or the next reading (closing reading for your 1st statement)?

Both. All the readings are wrong. I've even sent the photos they request

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

With regards to your closing readings for your 1st statement , and subsequent readings-it depends when you submit your readings.
For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month. 
When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Eg. PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated. 
However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted.
https://community.purepla.net/statements-and-billing-43/estimated-readings-on-my-statement-10321

If you are disputing your very 1st opening readings, then I would suggest you contact PP directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the
☰ menu at the top, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq,  if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it 

please note it’s not a live-chat and it’ll be 2 or 3 working days before they’re able to reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have received  my 1st statement from PP after recently buying a property & for some reason the readings they have are estimated & completely wrong considering  I supplied them with readings  when I signed up with them & I have smart meter

How do I get this corrected & estimated  readings stopped?

Many Thanks 

@Karen Y 

how far out are the readings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Karen Y 

When you submit your start readings they have to be sent for an independent validation, they then send the readings back to the supplier and must be used.

According to energy industry rules, your reading must have a difference of more than 250 electricity units (kWh) for an electricity reading, or a difference of 39 imperial gas units (you'll see ft3 on the meter) or 125 metric gas units (you'll see m3 on the meter) for a gas reading..

Any reading outside this tolerance and you can ask PP to  raise a reading dispute.

For subsequent readings, as stated above, if you submit them on or the day before your statement date , they will not be estimated, but if they are they are used as a start reading for the next chargeable period

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Duppy 

although this is slightly different as it isn’t a switch but a move into a property, which may add an additional complication depending on when the property changed hands.(I’m not saying the allowed tolerance won’t apply but that it could complicate depending on circumstances and what readings were accepted as the moving out readings by the supplier)

Just to add that is why I asked how far out the readings were, and @Karen Y you will have become a deemed customer of whoever the supplier was until the time of your switch. You won’t pay for the same energy twice, if the readings are only tens of units out it it isn’t worth the bother as it’s pence only (the difference in price between supplier 1 and supplier 2’s unit rates x the number of units)

Hey @Karen Y and welcome to the Community :relaxed:

Looks like you’ve received lots of excellent advice here! Our Member Services team will be able to look into what’s happening with your readings - it sounds like the verification process @Duppy has explained above, has meant we’ve been sent estimated readings to open your account to. 

You can read more info about that process and what it means here, too. 

Best thing to do is get in touch with the team, and provide photos of your current meter readings, with the full front of both meters visible. That means they can make sure all your info is correct, and look into the next best steps with your readings, too. :thumbsup: