Solved

Would like to recommend someone but...

• 19 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I would like to recommend someone to Pure Planet but she has a gas prepayment meter which was in the house when she moved in. Her electricity meter is just an ordinary one. What would her options be?

icon

Best answer by woz 20 September 2020, 00:23

hi @Valerian She just needs to ask her current supplier to change the meter to credit mode,

I recommend that she does that or PP will work out more expensive than it need be as she will then  be eligible for the dual fuel discount.

Her current supplier should/must oblige but what she mustn’t do is sign up for a new tariff which may have an exit penalty with the old supplier, just the change of meter. If they insist that she has to change tariff she must go on their cheapest tariff with no exit penalty. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can

Currently PP does not support pre-payment meters, so if she wants to switch both to PP, she would have to get their current supplier to change the gas meter to a normal meter before switching to PP. 

Or she could just switch electric only to PP

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Valerian She just needs to ask her current supplier to change the meter to credit mode,

I recommend that she does that or PP will work out more expensive than it need be as she will then  be eligible for the dual fuel discount.

Her current supplier should/must oblige but what she mustn’t do is sign up for a new tariff which may have an exit penalty with the old supplier, just the change of meter. If they insist that she has to change tariff she must go on their cheapest tariff with no exit penalty. 

Thank you, I have passed on the information. The choice is up to her now.