Solved

Why can't I enter my readings through my PC?

• 2 December 2021
  • 29 replies

All  the forum seems to show is loads of questionds but no answers

i am unable to enter readings through my PC

icon

Best answer by Bev 2 December 2021, 14:07

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah that’s a pity to hear you feel it is rubbish, Graham. I’ve found it useful and fun over the years. 

Hope this will help explain why you cannot enter your readings right now, but if you wait patiently for an email from Shell around mid January, you will then have an active account, and be able to submit readings again, Graham 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry, here’s the link! 

Badge +5

@GrahamRB The forum is loaded with answers including answers to your current concern. Quite simply you cannot submit readings at present. @Marc has pulled together just about every query that has arisen (famous last words). PP staff here could not have been more helpful, particularly in the light of the imminent demise of their employer. On top of that there are number of kind members who have a,so reached out to help many. Have another look.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

😂 

Hi @GrahamRB and welcome to the Community. 

Sorry you felt you couldn’t find a quick answer to your question - I hope that @Bev’s speedy reply proved helpful. :slight_smile:

We’re no longer accepting meter readings - there’s more info on that here, too. 

Let us know if you have any more questions, happy to help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This has sparked an idea

sooo...I’m in a forum?   Who knew….

I think we need a new thread “A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum” 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee  hee hee, when I was little, we had a little row of shops but on a little balcony above a car park. That was known as The Forum. “Just popping to the forum” we’d say. Memories hee. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Theres no debate, this forum is so great, so helpful just for you @GrahamRB .

Helped me to help myself thanks to all those little elf's.

They even clear up the virtual litter so theres no rubbish.

Anyways why not tap the bubble wrap to make up for diss rhyme that is so crap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Badge +5

This has sparked an idea

sooo...I’m in a forum?   Who knew….

I think we need a new thread “A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum” 

Remember the Frankie Howard comedy series - Up Pompeii? There is one line ingrained on my b rain. I think his boss was off to the forum but Howard came out with

“My master and mistress are going on a second honeymoon. They have popped upstairs to put their things together”

An electronic forum we have. A posh name for a “get-together”! I am in more than one forum (other more mundane things light lighting and heating!) so therefore I am a member of several fora.

Dear All

Thank you for your comments.

It would appear that i am in the minority and i may have been a bit hasty, so if i have another query I’ll ask the community.

I haven’t a clue  what “ Anyways why not tap the bubble wrap to make up for diss rhyme that is so crap

means; perhaps someone could translate.

Badge +5

@GrahamRB I can’t help you with the translation. I don’t speak that language!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@GrahamRB 

There are many regulars on this Community who are always more than happy to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just remember 

" Red bull " gives you wings.

Badge +5

Just remember 

My brain does not go in the right direction. You’ll have to explain the significance or meaning. 🥫Has to be an age related problem for me!

How do I unsubscibe?

This is the first time i have joined something like this and from what i have seen so far it appears that some people like to help but others  quite frankly don’t have a life.

This is not for me. for me.

Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just remember 

My brain does not go in the right direction. You’ll have to explain the significance or meaning. 🥫Has to be an age related problem for me!

Its a location thing. In germany and austria if RB is before or after a name then your sponsored by red bull. ( RBsalzberg ) for example the rest of the world tend to use the full name i.e. new york red bulls . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just remember 

Its a location thing. In germany and austria if RB is before or after a name then your sponsored by red bull. ( RBsalzberg ) for example the rest of the world tend to use the full name i.e. new york red bulls . 

That’s interesting to hear. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

How do I unsubscibe?

This is the first time i have joined something like this and from what i have seen so far it appears that some people like to help but others  quite frankly don’t have a life.

This is not for me. for me.

Please advise.

Graham, you don’t need to unsubscribe, the Community is just a little addition to the app, as a way of finding answers to any question that arise during your time with PP. There’s no call centre, as you’re probably aware, so it’s a community run by three PP managers, plus other customers. 

Hopefully the links provided here have helped you with your query, as we await the new accounts with Shell Energy in January. 

During this transitional period, no further meter readings or any other action is required. The Community is staying fully live, at least until we are fully logged in with Shell Energy, so despite your initial feeling that this isn’t the place for you, you can still return at any time should you have any further query, or just to spend a bit of time exploring the fun stuff. 

Plus we don’t have a life @GrahamRB… 😉 

Take care

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@GrahamRB

hi Graham

on behalf of the community (or forum) I apologise for the light-hearted banter (and dreadful rhyme) within the answers if you found it put you off (participating in the community). We don’t work for PP (there are admins who do) but I note that between it all you got the answer to your question which was that you couldn’t enter readings.

I think your post subject was read as being somewhat pejorative,  (the “forum”  - we who replied and everyone else, are perhaps a little protective at being called rubbish), so you can hardly be surprised that this generated  some light-hearted banter. 
Of course what you really meant to say was you weren’t finding it easy to get an answer for your query, hence inn your opinion the community is rubbish.

Most of the regulars have been on here for years and have helped thousands of people, I can assure you that everyone has a life but with some (especially me) let’s say that my humour is errrr... an acquired taste, which some don’t acquire  (and that includes a very broad definition of humour).

Shell will take over your account and produce a statement starting from where PP ended. If you disagree with the readings on your final statement or they are way out from where they were when PP folded you can use customer services (log in go to help>ask a Q.) to send a message.

There are numerous help FAQ’s on here and (a not very good) a search option 

https://community.purepla.net/knowledge-base

If you want to be removed one of the admins @Marc or @Nataly or @Mads will facilitate, click on their names and send a direct message.

It took me 20 mins of my life to post this, perhaps you have a point...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

To be fair if the post hadn’t started by insulting the forum and members then it May have had a more “professional” response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok “hands up” I stuck my oar in with some banter, but banter for some is infuriating for others so sorry@GrahamRB.

@woz

The dreadful dreadful rhyme was all mine and I had not been drinking claret or a fine wine.

I was as straight as straight can be so no excuses from Strutt G.

I have a lovely life and a wonderful wife who constantly puts me right.

Thanks to the forum members who keep things tight.

Aight

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

👏👏👏👏👏👏🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

To be fair if the post hadn’t started by insulting the forum and members then it May have had a more “professional” response. 

@Lapa 

in fairness I don’t think the intention was to insult anyone, it was an expression of frustration at not being able to find answers, but yes I think it triggered the banter.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...(look up the movie, the scripting is very carry-on but I think it’s hilarious).

I’m not professing to be professional...LOL, that would spoil everything I strive for.