Solved

Why are you using estimated readings?

Why are you using estimated readings when I have sent a reading in ?
also getting a bit fed up now of having no proper contact numbers !
icon

Best answer by stephenrand 25 May 2019, 13:36

Christine S;29968:

Hi Christine
As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers not directly to Pure Planet.

Sorry to hear you are getting fed up about lack of contact numbers - but I don't think Pure Planet make any secret of the fact that they are an app-only company - and lots of your fellow customers prefer posting here and getting answers than hanging on the phone waiting for someone to answer. And it helps to keep the price down of course.

If you send in your meter reading before the date of your monthly statement, PP will always estimate for the missing day or two. If it worries you, just send in your meter reading on your statement day.
Hope that helps
Stephen
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Christine S;29968:

Hi Christine
As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers not directly to Pure Planet.

Sorry to hear you are getting fed up about lack of contact numbers - but I don't think Pure Planet make any secret of the fact that they are an app-only company - and lots of your fellow customers prefer posting here and getting answers than hanging on the phone waiting for someone to answer. And it helps to keep the price down of course.

If you send in your meter reading before the date of your monthly statement, PP will always estimate for the missing day or two. If it worries you, just send in your meter reading on your statement day.
Hope that helps
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Christine,

Welcome to the community.

PP are an APP based company (as advertised) with no call centre saving on callcentre and energy draining costs.
Guess you know that the energy provided is at cost price with no mark up, what PP procures we pay the same, so its a litter different and you get support from fellow members.

Estimates v Actual Meter Reads
First of all you get a reminder once a month to submit your meter reads, thats 3 days in advance of your statement date (joining anniversary) its so that we don't forget. This keeps our accounts track. The following 3 days are estimated (a few pence) but it makes no difference month to month...Some members send their reads in frequently and on their statement date so their bills are not estimated.
Then the email statement arrives the next day.

​The contact tools available work effectively so to contact PP direct follow this method:
Open the APP - Open Help - Open Ask wattBot - You must first type "Message the Team" and then post your question.
A team member will respond within 2 days, often sooner during the week and if you forget to look back at the bot you will get a text prompt.

Just another point, if you do not first type "Message the Team" then wattBot operates as a robot only answering lots of pre programmed stuff. Plus you have all the FaQ's.

Hope this assists and head back for more feed back or any concerns you encounter.

​Have a great weekend
Christine S;29968:

Hi @Christine S
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
(BTW I've moved your post from our Q&A with the tech team to it's own thread, as it's about a different subject).
You've had some great replies from @stephenrand and @Strutt G
Check out this FAQ too.
I hope that helps