Solved

What does 'total new spend' in my statement mean?

• 15 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Every time I get a bill I am completely confused as to what is going on. I attach images of my last two. Obviously I was horrified to see that my 'total new spend this period' is £633 - but is this actually dating back to March? Why are the timeframes so random? Why can't it be more clear? Why can't someone phone me up and explain what is going on.

Please can someone help as I am totally miserable - every month I have absolutely no idea what horror will await from pure planet. I just want to do good things for the environment but I will be switching back to our old provider this week unless I get help!
icon

Best answer by Duppy 15 July 2019, 16:45

Hi Jenn2477.
What you have received is an offset bill which covers the months from March to July, have a look at this link it will explain in more detail

https://community.purepla.net/content/266-What-does-Offset-Bill-monthly-statement-mean#ckb_start.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Jenn2477.
What you have received is an offset bill which covers the months from March to July, have a look at this link it will explain in more detail

https://community.purepla.net/content/266-What-does-Offset-Bill-monthly-statement-mean#ckb_start.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi jenn2477.
Firstly Fear not all can be explained.

The bill from 12 march to 11 jul is what they call an offset bill. This happens when something about your accout has been altered, so all the bills in that period get refunded and then at the end get charged again as one figure. This should not happen again.

What i think does need looking at is your monthly DD payment seems very low against your usage.it would help if we can see the readings history. Have you been giving regular meter readings or are your bills based on estimates.
How much did you used to pay with your old supplier? As the 71 per month looks low.
Hi @jenn2477
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
The replies from @Duppy and @Jon1 are both spot on - nice one guys for helping out a fellow Member of PP.:raisinghands:
Hope that explains and helps you out 🆙
Happy to keep chatting here of course!