Solved

Wattbot Response time

Just started my switch to Pure. I understand there isn't a contact number to speak to anyone regarding questions/problems and things are handled by this forum or Wattbot.

I've sent a couple of messages to Wattbot through the App but I haven't had a single acknowledgement (automated or human). I'm not sure if anyone has even read my messages?

Also if I close the App and return, I don't have a trace of my previously send Wattbot messages. Is this the standard experience or do I have a problem with my App?

Not having ever successfully had a conversation on Wattbot, I don't know what I should be expecting.
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 9 October 2018, 10:03

Hello bob.

The wattbot is in most cases simply a Q & A with the computer.
If you need a message from an actual person,when you go into wattbot you need to type :- message the team.
It will then ask for your name and email along with your problem. Someone should respond within 24 hrs (its not live chat) to see response you have to look in wattbot again.unless its really urgent emergency type stuff then they will text,email or phone depending on situation.
However a lot of people find the answer to a query by simply asking in the community.
View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello bob.

The wattbot is in most cases simply a Q & A with the computer.
If you need a message from an actual person,when you go into wattbot you need to type :- message the team.
It will then ask for your name and email along with your problem. Someone should respond within 24 hrs (its not live chat) to see response you have to look in wattbot again.unless its really urgent emergency type stuff then they will text,email or phone depending on situation.
However a lot of people find the answer to a query by simply asking in the community.
Jon thanks for the reply. I've typed in "message the team" when I first tried but I don't get asked for anything else. I waited for hours with my message just sitting there. Just tried again and still no response.

Should I get an instant automated response?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello again.sorry This may sound like a stupid question,but need to ask. When you type a message did you press the little paper airplane to send it. It has to think a while but should respond with some sort of answer.
That#'s ok Jon. Better to ask and save a lot of embarrassment later but yes I did click the button to send and it appears in my conversation view as a blue message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Bob
the old stalwarts like Jon and I (although I hesitate to categorise jon, I can hear him saying "who are you calling a stalwart and what is stalwart anyway?) have the disadvantage that we don't use wattbot that often, we tend to post a lot in here, but I seem to remember that the last time I used wattbot and typed message the team it came back with a response to say that my messages would be passed on to the team. I haven't used it for a while so can't say for sure that it still does that. Did you get no response at all?
I sent a mrssage to the team through Wattbot yesterday. I haven't heard anything from them yet
I appreciate the responses from all of you so far. Am I correct in assuming that none of you work for Pure or are affiliated with them in anyway other than being existing customers?

I have to say that so far my few days of interacting with Pure have been one of the most frustrating customer experiences I've had lately. I've never had to phone Amazon but they have always given me excellent customer experience. Yes Pure don't have the financial status of Amazon but they don't have the customer base either.

I'm starting to lose confidence in this company and being able to engage with them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Bobgnarly (nice username by the way)
You are correct, we aren't affiliated, just happy customers. Marc who replied is the community manager and he works for PP.

Wattbot, other than the computer generated responses, is not a chat service. It can take a couple of days to get a response; (the original intention was one day but due to recent demand PP have taken on a lot of customers so it's increased to two. PP are aware and working on reducing it). I agree it can be frustrating but in my experience critical issues are sorted very quickly.
I appreciate that you may not wish to disclose personal info, but is there anything the community can help you with?

Bobgnarly;12979:
I appreciate the responses from all of you so far. Am I correct in assuming that none of you work for Pure or are affiliated with them in anyway other than being existing customers?

I have to say that so far my few days of interacting with Pure have been one of the most frustrating customer experiences I've had lately. I've never had to phone Amazon but they have always given me excellent customer experience. Yes Pure don't have the financial status of Amazon but they don't have the customer base either.

I'm starting to lose confidence in this company and being able to engage with them.
Hi Woz,

My biggest issue is that as a new customer I've got no idea if the response I get from WattBot is valid or not. If it was an email address, I'd at least know the email had been sent but I don't even know if my Wattbot message has left my App.

By the sounds of it speaking to Marc on PM, the team hasn't had any messages from me, so it doesn't appear that things are working as they should.

Working in the IT industry, I use many Internet forums but they aren't a substitute for customer services. I'd sooner message than pick up the phone but there are some circumstances, as in this case, where technical issues require a phone number or email address to be given.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Bob
I haven't tested wattbot recently, but I do know when an issue did arise I did get email.
This doesn't answer your question, assuming you typed 'message the team' and it said your questions would be passed on you should get a reply. If it isn't working it need to be fixed.
I've already said that 2 days is getting too long, it frustrates customers. I just hope PP don't become a victim of their own success.
I understand, you may not have an issue but if one does arise you need to know someone is there.
I can also confirm that it doesn't ask for anything else once you've typed "message the team". It just says that it has sent the conversation to the team and that they will get back within two working days. It then says that anything else you type into the conversation will be seen by them. I entered my query, which now says "delivered" below it.

This was 2 working days ago - no response just yet. It's not a particularly important query, though, so may have been prioritised lower...
Userlevel 2

How long do they normally take to reply to Wattbot messages? I’m in the process of switching and sent a Wattbot message a couople of days ago but I’ve had no response. I’m now wondering if I should cancel and go elsewhere.

Hi @srf739,

If the Wattbot didn’t say it will pass the message to the team, then unfortunately you’ll wait forever. 😬

Try persisting with for two or three messages and it’ll squirt you to the team (and tell you). Then they’ll reply with a day or two.

Meanwhile, anything us inmates 😉 can help you with?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I can also confirm that it doesn't ask for anything else once you've typed "message the team". It just says that it has sent the conversation to the team and that they will get back within two working days. It then says that anything else you type into the conversation will be seen by them. I entered my query, which now says "delivered" below it.

This was 2 working days ago - no response just yet. It's not a particularly important query, though, so may have been prioritised lower...

@MikeZ 

1st rule of customer service, every message is important (or why would the sender have bothered sending it in the first place)

2nd rule, if you don’t have  the answer tell the customer straight away (even if it is a day or 2 later,) and let the customer know you’ve read the question.

So I don’t hold with lower priorities (just saying...)

Userlevel 2

Hi @srf739,

If the Wattbot didn’t say it will pass the message to the team, then unfortunately you’ll wait forever. 😬

Try persisting with for two or three messages and it’ll squirt you to the team (and tell you). Then they’ll reply with a day or two.

Meanwhile, anything us inmates 😉 can help you with?

@25 quidI typed “message the team” and it said it would pass the message on to the team, and then I typed my query to them. That was over two days ago and I haven’t had a reply, and the messages just say delivered instead of read.

I signed up to switch from Tonik last week and they have just gone out of business, so I sent a WattBot message to ask if it would have any effect on my transfer going through.

Oh dear, it seems the staff have a backlog at the moment. 

Your transfer shouldn’t be interrupted because they went pop. But it’s certainly worth double checking like you have. Maybe give them a little longer as it’s unusual for such a slow response.

Userlevel 2

I’ll wait a bit longer and see what happens.

Hi @srf739 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.:relaxed:

I’ve flagged your chat to the team, and as we discussed it they said you’re asking whether PP supports smart meters.

So thought I’d point you in the way of our smart meter FAQs. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Userlevel 2

Hello @Marc. There were a couple of things I mentioned in the chat but the main one was whether my supply will still continue to transfer now that my previous supplier Tonik has gone out of business. I signed up while they were still running and got a sorry you’re leaving email, but I wasn’t sure if things would get help up now Ofgem are siwtching Tonik customers to someone else.

Userlevel 2

I’m happy with online customer service but I’m not very keen on the WattBot system as it doesn’t have any sort of feedback. I’d much rather be able to raise a case and be given a case number, and then go in and see my case with the status of whats happened. With WattBot you are left wondering if anyone has even read your message.

Hello @Marc. There were a couple of things I mentioned in the chat but the main one was whether my supply will still continue to transfer now that my previous supplier Tonik has gone out of business. I signed up while they were still running and got a sorry you’re leaving email, but I wasn’t sure if things would get help up now Ofgem are siwtching Tonik customers to someone else.

Hey @srf739 

If you started your switch before Ofgem announced the news about Tonik, you should be fine to switch, so long as the supplier which takes over from Tonik has no reason to block it.

One thing - be sure to take your opening meter reads (and photos) as if there’s a dispute it’ll take longer than usual, due to the Tonik situation. 

Out of a little devilment I used the help facility in the app.I had not received my monthly statement so used that as an excuse to make contact. The FAQs had a chocolate fireguard usefulness. I started the query with “Message the team” but even then the system tried to steer me away from doing so. I persisted. My message went at 10:15 on the 13th June (this year!). The first response was immediate, the put you off one and at 10:19 I confirmed again the team were to be messaged. At 11.31 I had a response. An appropriate one.

So whilst we are told up to 3 days for a response, in my case it was 1 hour 16 minutes. Well done The Team.

Managing expectations is an art that PP seem to have nailed. So bonus speed is seen as good! 😊 

I hope you discovered your statement too… 😉 

Statement emailed to me this morning.

Don't know why but over the last couple of days PP keeps asking me for my email address in or dear to send the login link. I had not logged out. It has done this on my desktop and tablet.

Glad to hear you had such a speedy response @G4RHL and that your statement has come through!

Were you still ‘logged in’ after receiving the log in link or had the systems logged you out?