I try to ask about the IHD not working in Wattbot and I get a banner

“Problem sending message

Please try again”

And nothing else happens.

icon

Best answer by Nataly 7 October 2020, 18:02

Hey @Hamlins 

This definitely doesn’t sound right! 

It sounds like a network issue  - it may be worth loading up WattBot, and leaving it up for about 30 seconds before sending your message, to ensure everything’s fully loaded? 

Let us know if you’ve been able to get in touch successfully :thumbsup:

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Is your Internet connection ok/strong enough? 

Yes, its high speed fibre, I’ve also tried on a phone, and same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Hamlins 

a few suggestions,

server may have been down temporarily, try again?

delete and reload the app?

try with cellular data not internet (if applicable) (are you running a vpn or any other blocking software?)

Are you using app or the net login? have you tried both?

does the rest of the app work ok?

failing that someone else may have other suggestions...

Going through this step by step;

I have tried on several occasions,

I have tried using different devices on  different internet connections.

I have only used the WEB interface in chrome. Not the App

Where is Pure Planet on this discussion?… I wonder if a series of complaints are required.

Hi @Hamlins,

I’ve just tried a test in the App and got a (not entirely appropriate) response back. So it’s working for me. Perhaps you could try the App?

We love to help here. So working through some of our suggestions might get you sorted sooner than a complaint.

I’ve never tried using the web rather than the app. I just did for the first time. I don’t see how you get to Wattbot, so I’ll leave @woz to guide you further...

Not Used the App.

Switched using the web portal, (Success)

First reading submitted using web portal, (Success)

If Watt-useless-bot doesn't always work from the web portal and the error message has less useful information than a generic hand gesture, surely it is not beyond the wit of man to allow whatnot to do its filtering using an e-mail portal??

How hard can this be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Hamlins 

Here's two thoughts that I hope may lower your blood pressure slightly… both stem from my involvement in this community for about two years.

The first is, if you would like to get some answers about your IHD not working, it's worth explaining the problem here - loads of people have had issues resolved by fellow community members.

Second, when something that should work doesn't it's very frustrating. But out of thousands of community members, I think you are the first to raise this specific issue. That won't make you feel better, but it suggests there's a glitch rather than a systemic failure? Wattbot may not be perfect, but useless? Not unlike smart meters and IHDs…?

Hope you can get your IHD sorted soon

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid 

wattbot is not available online unless you are logged in with a currently active account, . It is available in app whether or not you are logged in to a currently active account.

(I won’t bore you with how many times I’ve complained about this and it IS a big deal)

That said I’ve always used wb successfully from within the app so maybe there is an issue with the online wattbot, I thought it worked the same way as the app version?

That said if you can work through the frustration of inappropriate responses it’s almost fit for purpose (and just because everyone is using AI bot tech doesn’t make it any less frustrating)

@Hamlins let us know how you get on with the ihd query?

Hey @Hamlins 

This definitely doesn’t sound right! 

It sounds like a network issue  - it may be worth loading up WattBot, and leaving it up for about 30 seconds before sending your message, to ensure everything’s fully loaded? 

Let us know if you’ve been able to get in touch successfully :thumbsup:

@25 quid

wattbot is not available online unless you are logged in with a currently active account, . It is available in app whether or not you are logged in to a currently active account.

I was logged in but didn’t see the option. However, perhaps I was logged into the wrong account. I don’t recall ever using the web and as the login was automatic (madness) it might be using a different gash account.

Could hint at the cause of some frustrations that we see here...

Right… Here is the ‘fix’  and its not a fix!

1:  Log out of any pure planet web pages that are open,

2:  close the tabs

3:  Wait at lease 1 hour

4:  open 1 tab and go through the process of logging in again.

5:  Navigate around the account checking that account information is correctly displayed

6:  Then try wattnotbott again and ensure the web page is fully loaded, 

Then it works.

IHD, if its broken, they can’t fix it the installer company needs to do that. its an industry wide issue 

This still appears to an on-going issue.  I’ve been having problems for a week.  I’ve tried the app on two devices and on two computers.  All I get is “Problem sending message. Please try again”.  None of the above fixes work for me.  Is there a preferred web browser for using Wattbot?

Not that I am aware of, I just use the latest Chrome. All security updates installed.

Hey @David69 

Have you been able to get in touch with WattBot and view his replies to you since posting? :slight_smile:

If you could post a screenshot of your chat that’d be really helpful, too!